ICE & HFT Fully integrated media streaming via Bluetooth?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by coops, Thursday 22nd Sep, 2016.

1. coops Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Herts
    My understanding is gen 8 Accords do not have A2DP support, and this is needed to enable media streaming over bluetooth.

I understand that you can purchase aftermarket modules specifically for A2DP support but I am not sure how closely integrated they might/might not be.

I want media streaming support so that I can use OK google whilst connected to hands free in the car. Without media streaming this doesn't work.

Since the voice recognition/hands free dialing from phone book is so poor in the car's system, I would prefer to rely on using my phone's built in voice recognition which works very well. At the moment, without media streaming support, I can have one but not the other!

Are there any aftermarket solutuions out there which fully integrate with the existing HFT? Or am I looking at something which works as a separate system, either solely for purpose of media or for both voice and media?

I have see products from Denison, Grom and voxaudio but these all seem to be ones which replace the built-in HFT whilst somehow integrating with the steering wheel controls.

2. coops likes this.
  3. coops Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Herts
    Thanks Chris.
    This looks like it replaces the HFT for calls e.g. must use fast forward button on stereo to answer calls instead of the HFT button on the steering wheel? And a separate microphone suggests it is not integrating with existing Honda voice stuff.

4. Yes , this one does it all,, they do a one that is just for the music but not sure on any Honda fitments yet. Will check it out though.

:Smile:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Just checked with the supplier,, looks like its mainly French and German cars that have the bluetooth only option.

5. coops Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Herts
    Got it, thanks. What I would really like is something that fully integrates with the existing voice related tech in the car.

I don't think such a solution exists unfortunately - other than maybe a newer car ;-)

6. coops Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Herts
    Well it's not perfect but I just stumbled on a work around:
    • Phone paired and connected to HFT
    • Phone connected to Aux cable in centre console between front seats
    • (In Marshmallow Android) Go to Google app, open Settings, select Voice, switch off "Bluetooth headset" option
    Now I can successfully do hands free stuff via OK Google, including making calls, and those calls are routed via the HFT audio/mic. And I can hear the OK Google confirmations so I can be fully hands free and distraction free.

I would still prefer fully integrated A2DP so that I could discard the Aux cable but this does what I need.

Ichiban and SpeedyGee like this.
  7. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Rob Swindon
    I'll copy a response I made to the other similar thread in case it helps anyone. This is tested on iPhone with iOS 10 and latest Google Maps app version 4.22.90471.

coops likes this.