Electrical & Lights Fuse access Accord ES GT 2011, heated mirrors (determines where fuses are)

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Eck, Friday 22nd Mar, 2013.

1. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Fuse access

I have a blown cigarette lighter fuse caused by tyre inflator during tyre check. I can see the fuse tray under the dashboard on drivers side, but how do I make it accessible?

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    How come you posted two different threads Eck ? I've merged them into one.

I'm not sure about the 8th Generation fuse box. Someone else with an 8th Generation should be along soon with some advise.

3. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for reply, just can't drive the site very well, probably like the car!!!

Thanks again.

4. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi Eck,

don't you have an owners manual, its all explained in there. Here's the link to the Acura TSX manual online, very similar to our own cars:

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/om/BTS090/BTS0909OM.pdf

Looks like fuse no 12 (console aux power socket) in the drivers side fuse box, its up under the dash behind the little coin tray.

5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Re: Fuse access

Mine went last week as it happens. Check your hand book, it will tell you which one it is you need to replace. Think its number 21 or 23, can't recall.

Only way to get to that fuse panel under the dash is by getting on your knees and use a lot of twisting!

6. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks very much, just wondered if there was any wat=y of improving access by removal of lower part of dash, or through the change pocket etc.
    Problem for me is vision in these contorted access areas, Honda garage has volonteered that long nose pliers will be needed but also said next going by to drop in and they will do it, (free) guess they should as on 4th Honda hrough them

7. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You probably can modify (or trash!) the dash area - like you, I found it bloody awkward to get into the panel and even with a bright LED light, I couldn't see what the hell I was pulling out, let alone putting back in (fuse-wise).

Had I not had a blown fuse, I would never have ventured into that area. Now that I have, I must say it is a very badly located panel. I would have expected that from a Ford or Vauxhall, but not Honda. Saying that, the fuse panel in the front passenger side is equally pooly located.

8. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks again for all replies. Have decided to give it a try with long nosed pliers, if not successful will do trip (44 miles round) to Honda and let them do it for free as offered). Final solution for me to allow use of accessories without compromising in car electrics is to buy a clip socket for battery and also an inline fuse holder, two items from Amazon cheapest option - a very good one for bikes offered with fuse already on. View attachment 8110 View attachment 8111 . This way can select appropriate spade type fuse to suit accessory. Thanks again. Hope pictures work.

9. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just realised you're in Perthshire. I was there just a few days ago! I could have done it for you! Ouch!

BTW, pics don't work, could you re-upload?? Thanks!

10. jrd Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had the same problem but found the fuse removal tool, located in the engine bay fuse box, made the job easy. Hope this helps.

11. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello all, here is the just about completion of the change fuse saga. Got some long nosed pliers and whilst contorting to get best visibility and easing the under-dash bit of panel in the area lo and behold it released from a push fit retainer, further easing released another fitting and a little push forward got lugs from behind the dash, and this panel fell away. The front end is not retained but a hole is put on top of a rubber covered pin.This greatly improved the visibility and access and for me long nosed pliers still required. Next pain, the fuses are very mini type, never seen them before and smaller than 'old' spares so will be on amazon for a selection to have on standby, must admit never changes a car fuse since before Honda owner - about 15 years. Thanks again for replies.

12. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

There are some spare fuses located in the engine fuse box lid too :Thumbup: