FR-V/1st Gen Galaxy tab as audio headunit

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by Frvsn05, Saturday 27th Aug, 2016.

1. Frvsn05 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom David Rosyth
    Hi, just looking to see if anyone knows how to go about doing this or how hard it would be to do. I have a FR-V. And I have a galaxy tab lying around doing nothing. So was thinking if I could do away with the head unit in car and replace with the tablet. Does anyone have any ideas?

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    @SpeedyGee had a Car Pc in his Accord so maybe looking at his thread will give you some idea.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    You could put a Galaxy Tab in, you'd need to custom fab the frame to mount it into the double din slot.

The sound would need to go via an amp to power the speakers.

Check on youtube Im sure there's some installations on there that people have done.

4. Frvsn05 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've watched a few of the videos. So far I have managed to source and purchase almost everything I need. With the exception of the double din frame. I think all I need to do just now is solder the wires needing soldered. And then try remove the radio in the FR-V and plug in to see if it works. But not sure how to remove the radio.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  6. Frvsn05 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The radio in the FR-V. Is that just a single din? If I need to use a double din does that mean the I need to take out the display screen above the radio?

7. Frvsn05 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Omg. I can't get the radio to come out the FR-V at all. Lol. Anyone with a crowbar and sledgehammer? Lol