Introductions Game over and I've just joined !

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Paulpen, Wednesday 28th Aug, 2013.

1. Paulpen Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi guys and girls !

Signing up as looks like im going to be breaking my accord and hunting for a new one

Oil pressure light came on the other day so turned it off as soon as I saw it and got recovered to Honda.

After some inspection they have said oil pump chain has snapped and engine and turbo are damaged due to the amount of metal in the oil filter and sump

So anyways - Hi :Frown:

2. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi and welcome along, sorry to hear about the car what year and model is it?

3. Paulpen Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Never realised it was a common thing until started hunting around the forums tonight :Frown:

Its a 2005 tourer in dark green :Smile:

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Sorry to hear that mate, darn diesel engines :Blushing:

Will you be looking for a petrol or diesel for your next car ? Sticking to Honda ?

5. Paulpen Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Petrol accord or Civic I think as not needed the size anymore !

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Paul, Sorry to hear about your engine failure, as you would have gathered this is a common occurrence.

I would sell your car to a diesel breaker for parts there are loads of breakers looking for I-CTDI cars for salvageable parts. IIRC there is a few thousands to be made in parts from a donor car.

Or you strip the car and part it out on ebay,.

7. Paulpen Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Id happily strip it but its the time and I have no idea whats bits are worth what !

Do you know of any places that may be willing to buy it ?

8. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Stick it on eBay with reserve. It should go.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I would have said Chris at Phoenix close would have bought the car from you as he dismantles a few Diesels a month for parts.

Since you are in Somerset I doubt he will pay to get it hauled up north. Ebay is a good guide for you parts cost. You car as is would be an easy 500-700 quid part it out with VSA,EGR ,Turbo, wheel sensors, IMRC valves, interior trim , fitting, lights, etc etc

you sat on a grand..

10. Paulpen Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Think ill stick it on once as a whole car and if it don't go ill start breaking it then.

Any idea what its roughly worth as a whole car in its current condition ?

Thanks for the advice btw chaps :Smile: