ICE & HFT Gathers auto changer

Discussion in '5th Generation (1994-1997) [Rover 600, Isuzu Aska]' started by Brian100, Friday 30th Nov, 2012.

1. Brian100 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have found hanging in side my boot a Gathers auto disc changer GZC 9100 I found the other end behind the radio, it is a round plug with multiple pins, there is nowhere on my radio for this to fit any ideas guys or is this another JDM experiment for Cyprus?

2. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi Brian,

Gathers seems to be a Japanese brand, never heard of them myself:

Gathers Radio and CD - EK9.org JDM EK9 Honda Civic Type-R Forum

So maybe your car had the matching head unit at some point, but its been changed.

If your car is a JDM model, Japan domestic market, it was probably as used import from Japan. Strange as I thought Cyprus got its cars from the UK, so you would have thought it would be a UK spec swindon accord.

3. Brian100 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

No chanc of that Richi Cyprus gets it's cars from any where its the cheapest, although they are in the common market they still charge import duty, cash no cards or a brown envelope job will do. I thought the same and on these roads I would think it would jump around to much any way to be of any use, so I think I will take it out. On the point of my gearshift not moving out of park with out using the key slot emergency do you know if there is a solinoid some where that may have stoped working, there used to be a pronounced click when i press the brake pedal, now there is no click, I thought it may be the TCM "Transmission Control Unit" but i'm having my doubts now because its a printed curcuit board and there is nothing on it as far as I see that will click in and out, but I check the switch first, any ideas just throw them this way guys.

4. Brian100 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have now removed the Auto disc changer from the boot as I have already got the central consule out I took this opertunaty to thread the lead through to the boot.