Guides Gearbox/Transmission MTF Replacement for Petrol cars

Accord 03-08 i-VTEC (Manual Transmission)

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 8th Mar, 2014
    AccordCU2 and SpeedyGee like this.
  2. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    How difficult is it to fill up the MTF as space looks a little tight, do you need a special attachment/tube?

I've been thinking a lot about the next service with my car as it's the big one and it's jobs like this one which I'm worried about the garage not actually doing. I'm also worried about them not using the oil I give them etc.

Stuff I can do: Oil Change, Oil Filter, Air Filter, Spark Plugs, Pollen Filter, Brake Pads, Brake Discs
    Stuff I'd need to lookup first: Fuel Filter, MTF Change, Brake Fluid Change, Tappets
    Stuff I wouldn't attempt: Belts

Is there anything else in the major service that I probably couldn't do?

3. Richardp2020 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Uk
    Are the washers just the same as those for the sump plug?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The gearbox drain bolt crush washer is the same as the engine oil drain bolt, the filler one is slightly larger and nowhere else used on the car.

Its does however work on the first gen Accord engine oil drain plug.. if there was a Honda pub quiz anywhere you would know that now..LOL

5. simbac Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Namibia
    the DIY is still not clear on how you would refill the new MTF. Pleaase explain more guys still don understand how you fill it in

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    With the car on level ground and all four wheels on the ground, you basically fill the gearbox until the fluid comes out fill hole. At the point you know the fluid is level with the fill point and you can refit the fill point bolt.

7. redefined_cycles Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks again...