General Gen 1 Insight for sale...with 255k miles!

Discussion in '1st Generation (1999-2006)' started by FirstHonda, Monday 27th Oct, 2014.

1. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Testament to Honda quality I'd say :clap:

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Honda even get their hybrids right, that is astounding :Hooray:

3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^Well, they did...you should read the article I've recently posted about some of the issues with the new "Fit."

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I'll have a little read shortly mate, between the letter and getting the Merch/Store ready for launch I've fallen 400 posts behind :Whistle:

5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

She is a marvellous car Ed. To think that she was registered 14 years ago and has all that technology!

6. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Amazing vehicle and it looks in fantastic condition - it's wearing the miles well. :Hooray:

7. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I know of one that's got circa 220K on it (2001 "51"), and the IMA battery is about shot. Otherwise it's been fine.

One thing the owner tells me is that if he switches from the conventional 0w20 to the Honda Hybrid Green oil he loses around 10mpg. Interesting....

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

That's an interesting insight (no pun intended), is the Hybrid Green oil still the same make-up as it was when the Insight first launched? I'm thinking oil technologies have moved on a lot since those days.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Interesting, when I get my GP1 then I may give this a try and experiment with oils.
    - - - Updated - - -
    When the original ZE1 came there was no green oil this is recent oil when the CR-Z, Insight and Jazz Hybrid was launched.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  10. Samantha Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I drove a gen1 insight when they were still available new (was one of the last ones) and they are fantastic cars. Still perhaps the best hybrid in so many ways.

As for the battery - I assume that you know you can replace or recondition the individual cells? A guy in Thirsk used to do this. No idea if he is still doing it or not.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yup there are loads of aftermarket vendors and shops here and across the pond doing refurbished batteries for the ZE1.

Anyone who wanted to know what they looked like here you go. They are made by Primearth EV Energy Co., Ltd Japan, The ZE2 and all current Hybrids does not use this company any more for batteries something to do with Toyota (The enemy) LOL

ZE1 Battery box assembly.PNG
    $_53.JPG $_54.JPG $_55.JPG $_56.JPG $_57.JPG

Last edited: Wednesday 31st Dec, 2014
    Nighthawk likes this.