Gen 7 central locking not working...any ideas ?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by haddie, Sunday 12th Apr, 2015.

1. haddie Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I bought the car for my daughter today, lovely car with this as its only unsolved issue, 361,000 klms tight feel and runs like a champ ! :Grin:

so, got it home, done the 4x cycling of the ignition thing with the fob, battery is good so no drama there but didn't work.

so, checked fuses, no broken fuses, all in the proper place, only one missing underneath and number 16.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    You didn't say what car you bought your daughter.

So are you saying that the keyfob is not operating the central locking or the central locking doesn't operate when you lock/unlock the drivers door ?

3. haddie Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

2002 Civic sorry.
    Remote or key doesn't operate the central locking.
    It does have an aftermarket stereo from previous owner so not sure if related but fob battery is fine, the normal tuning in doesn't work and that's where I am at now.

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Do you only have one key?

5. haddie Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

No, two keys and a fob.

6. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Did the locks respond to the cycling procedure?

7. haddie Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

No, not even with the key,only one that opened with key was drivers so none of them work off fob.

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I've been trying to find a wiring diagram for you but haven't come across one yet.

My gut feel tells me that you have a break in your wiring somewhere. So I would start by checking the wires in the harness that goes through to the door. Start on the drivers door, take the door card off, next pull the big flexible grommet off on the body side (not the door side) I think just there should be a big connector. Probe the wires that go to the door switch for continuity. So your looking for problems with bad connections or damaged wiring etc.

Hopefully you should find something. A circuit diagram would come really handy here though.

9. haddie Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks. Its going into Honda on Thursday to get wishbone bush fitted (I cbf doing it, done my time on this type of shit)...

I'll get them to run a diagnostic on it.

10. haddie Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Got another chance to have a look (her birthday on Thursday and she's been home all week on holiday ) and noticed that the interior light doesn't come on when the door is opened but the light works when switched on, probably related ?

Opened up Flexi rubber cover in door jamb, no broken wires there or under dash at connector.