Tyres & Wheels Genuine Honda 'optional' wheels

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by FirstHonda, Sunday 2nd Aug, 2015.

1. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I've started thinking about getting another set of wheels for my CR-V, so that I can put Winter tyres onto the 'standard' set (as I had with my 8th Generation Accord).

I'm in no rush so will wait until I see something come up where I can get a deal.

BUT - of the three main options (and I will only consider genuine Honda accessory wheels) which do you prefer:

'Orion' - think these may look quite nice against the white paintwork, and I think these were standard on the "white" edition CR-V

'Sirius'

'Cursa' - these I quite like but they do look a bit...plain?

Opinions?

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I have terrible trouble visualising different alloys on cars. That said, I'm not sure I would go for a dark rim on a white CR-V. I may change my mind once I've seen them on though.:Unknown:
    Therefore, Cursa get my vote. Additionally, I think they will be easier to clean. The old OCD strikes again. :cleaning::cleaning::cleaning::cleaning:

FirstHonda likes this.
  3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Definitely the Orion for me, I think they look great on a white CR-V:

BDEwJYSCMAE0ZOn.

Toggerefc and FirstHonda like this.
  4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Hmmm. I see what you mean. Oh well. What do I know about these things? :telloff:

FirstHonda likes this.
  5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Same here :Grin:

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

@DeviateDefiant I think that 'photo that you added has sold me :Grin:. Not only is it the right colour CR-V but it has the side protectors as well.

In fact, the combination of wheels and side steps looks pretty damn good. I'm starting to build a shopping list...as long as I can find things at 'special' prices :Wink:

- Orion wheels
    - Side steps (just for the looks!)
    - Rear spoiler

Uh-oh...:Laughing:

Toggerefc, DeviateDefiant and Nels like this.
  7. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    My 2014 Special Edition Black came with the 19" Orions as standard but I find them far to flash for my liking. To avoid having to look at them for 12 months, I have bought a set of Dezent RE Dark alloys and 4 Nokian SUV 3 winter tyres to go with them.
    I also didn't like, what I consider to be, the semi low-profile tyres, so the new set up is on 17" wheels with 225/60 profile tyres. This gives me within 0.2% of the rolling radius of the original set up so no speedo issues.

Beauty, as they say, is in the eye of the beholder - thank goodness we are not all the same.

Keith

Toggerefc likes this.
  8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I don't suppose you are wanting to sell those Orion wheels Keith @155695... :Smile:

If you are, send me a PM!

9. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Ed, not really as when the time comes to sell, I believe it will be a much more attractive proposition in its original condition - as you know, most people will probably love the Orions. Not many people have my strange view on such things.

Thanks for the offer though.

Keith

10. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Ha ha - no problem - it was worth a shot :Laughing:

Anyway, decision made - Orions it will be - I just need to find a set at a reasonable price now. @Holdcroft Honda you can expert a call...:Grin:

Last edited: Monday 3rd Aug, 2015
  11. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Quick update.

Although the 'Orions' will remain my number one choice, I've actually decided to get any of the designs where I can find a deal. At the moment I don't want to spend £1000 on a second set of alloys - without tyres :Aghast:

I've made more realistic offers on a couple of sets on eBay without success - even though in both cases they have been for sale for far too much for ages - so I guess this will be me playing 'the long game' until something good and sensibly priced comes up...:Wink:

Toggerefc likes this.
  12. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    That makes sense to me, I just got some highly sought after aftermarket rims for half that price. You can often find genuine ones around the same on clearance deals!

13. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

This search continues to frustrate me!

What is it with people on eBay and unrealistic prices? There are 3 or 4 sets of wheels for sale - Sirius, Orion, Lyra, Cursa - all of which have been for sale, un-sold, then re-listed for weeks and weeks.

I've made realistic offers on three of them (2 with dealers), but nobody will go for it - even the seller who says that 'no reasonable offer will be refused.'

Grrr...

The price from HH was good, but I can't justify spending that much on a brand new set of 'spare' wheels.

14. chunkymonkey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Gary Lincs
    I have some 19s for sale but from previous gen, they are the blaze design.

15. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Thanks @chunkymonkey but I want genuine Honda 4th Generation accessory wheels.

16. chunkymonkey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Gary Lincs
    No worries, the Blaze is a genuine upgrade on the gen 3, Im like you i will only fit genuine.

17. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Question: will fitting optional Honda OEM wheels that were offered from factory to car needs to be declared to the insurance company?

18. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I had a set of 'Sigma' alloys on my Accord with 'Summer' tyres, with the original alloys running 'Winter' tyres and swapped each year.

My advice was to tell the insurance company about the wheels and the fact I was running 'Winter' rubber for 6 months - they noted it, but it didn't affect the premium. Better safe than sorry I think, so I would always tell them.

legend-ary likes this.
  19. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    I have a Jazz SE. Plenty of the running around on optional factory alloys which came standard with SE Sport. I know insurance says it covers optional stuff that was fitted to the car when new which is why I am still running steel wheels. I need two summer tyres and 2 winter ones to complete full sets of each and found an exact one for sale but all 4 tyres are mounted on alloys not steel :/ will give insurance a call and see how it goes.

20. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^So, these are for sale on eBay and may be worth a cheeky offer, as they are worth more like £300 than £500 IMHO.

Question - as these would be for Winter tyres only - as my car runs from standard on 18" wheels, and these are the 17" version from the SE, would they be a straight swap?

Would they cause any issues with speedo reading etc?

I imagine they will just be a straight swap, but would rather know for sure before putting an offer in.

Help!