Finished Get Together (13th July 2014)

Discussion in 'Events and Meetings' started by MickyB, Wednesday 9th Jul, 2014.

1. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Guys just a quick one. As you know the Fuelled Society meet has been cancelled by ourselves this coming weekend, some people had made arrangements to come up and down for this meet and some Nels for one are still making the trip.
    We are thinking of a short notice get together probably around Wakefield,Pontefract or Leeds on Sunday,so if anyone wants to come along get your names down and let's meet and eat:Wink:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Its nealry 24 hours since you posted this mick and not one response ! you see why the event got cancelled? I am on the phone I will be in touch with Nels and meet up with them as for the rest :Unknown:

3. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    Indeed.

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Thanks for trying guys. I realise this is all short notice. We will be coming up and to visit the Yorshire area. We had already booked overnight accomodation, so it made sense to continue even with NP cancelled. If anyone is free, it'll be great to meet you.

5. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    If some people do want to do Nostell it'd be clever to print some nice glossy cards to invite Honda guys over. Like the old AOC cards.

Worth a punt eh?

If not Nostell I'm up for a meet up and drive out to some public drinking houses.

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Print material will be out as soon as possible - with Nostell Priory cancelled getting the material hit the back burner briefly.

I'm unfortunately stuck at home as the missus is away visiting her mother and I have the 3 dogs to look after. If I check the timing and mileage I might be able to make it up for a day trip, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'd love to come and spend a day chatting and chilling but some of us have to work to pay the bills and earn some beer money for coming holidays.

8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

So what do we want to do go to Nostell?
    If so what time are you arriving Nels? We could all meet at a time to suit your arrival and go in together.
    Sorry I can't always respond guys as I'm on a long week this week 5 on and 1 off.

9. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Bumping this.
    We are meting at 1230 at the Swan and Cygnet pub.
    ALL welcome

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I will see you all there in which ever vehicle I fancy.

11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I'm not going to be able to make it due to my car currently not having the brakes all hooked up (waiting on pads coming same day) and I'm also pretty up against a project deadline. It's a shame, but I'm hoping to make it up there some point over the summer.

12. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I'm sure you'd have made it if you could.
    We'll just have to catch up another time.

13. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Y'all best get us some pictures :Smile:

14. webbie Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

mark
    what times this meet ?

15. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    Nostell was a no show. Told it was a bog full of chavy idiots. Dodged that bullet. Good meet with Nels, CJ Micky and co. Good trip out.

Great to meet you Nels

Ichiban likes this.
  16. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Oooops. Sorry @DeviateDefiant. We were so busy talking that we forgot the pictures.
    It was great to meet you guys in person and put some faces to the names. Next time we'll let everyone know further in advance and have a bigger gathering.
    Thanks CJ, MickyB and accordheritage

Ichiban likes this.
  17. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

@Ichiban already gave me the low-down, he said you had 11 fingers and walked on your knuckles :Laughing:

More seriously, hope I get the opportunity to meet you at the next get together, @MickyB and @accordheritage too.

Duc de Pommfrit likes this.
  18. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    Aye. Some ideas in the pipeline. With plenty of notice this time.

19. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Silverback, that's me !