Accord/8th Gen Geting my new car on Saturday

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by demon-knight, Wednesday 15th Feb, 2012.

1. demon-knight Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Joined a few days ago and in newbie section said I was going to get an 8th Generation Type-S later in the year, anyway long story short am now getting another 7th Generation EX in Nighthawk Black.

Pick it up on Saturday, can't wait!

Will be my third Accord and also my first 7th Generation facelift if you know what I mean.
  2. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Congratulations. The facelift is a brilliant car and does have some nice touches over the pre-facelift (which is still an excellent car). We've passed a new law now which states pictures MUST be posted ASAP. :Smile:
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Congrats the facelift was a massive improvement over the 2005 car. Please do post the picture of your new car.

I wish it was the 8th Generation Type-S..just kidding
  4. demon-knight Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That will be the first thing I do trust me :Wink:

Speaking of which I have just tried adding some pictures to my album but they are not appearing once I upload them, is there anything special I need to do
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    In an ideal world I would suggests people to post picture into the forum rather than photobucket or any other image sharing account.

If you look at the formatting bar you have a small tree image icon to the right your have the film strip.

if you click on the tree icon you will be presented with two options upload pictures directly from your computer, phone or if you have a picture from another source you can copy the URL and it will download the picture and post it for you.
  6. demon-knight Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers for the heads up fella.

So just how different is the facelift to the original? Does the facelift have bluetooth or was it still an option?

Is it Saturday yet?
  7. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

Congratulations on new car
    Only 2 days to go.
  8. demon-knight Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Am excited to get this car as it means I get shot of the Mini Clubman I have had to drive for the past year it can't come soon enough.
  9. demon-knight Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Here is a pic I got the other day of it, rep point for anyone who can tell me what alloys they are.

10. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

I love black cars,my last car was the same colour as yours.
  11. demon-knight Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Me too my last Accord was black

Edit: My last car

Last edited: Wednesday 15th Feb, 2012
  12. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Are they pentas?

Are you getting a petrol or diesel BTW?
  13. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Look like Infernos to me.

Although the picture is quite small.
  14. demon-knight Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Its a diesel, sorry about pic size will have some better ones uploaded on Saturday fo you all
  15. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Congrats, looking forward to seeing the pictures when you get her :Smile:
  16. demon-knight Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Got my accord after last minute lost documents, was definitely worth the wait.

Will try and get some pics in he next few days.

The only problem is once I got home I realized they had put the wrong plates on the car and I only got one key. Rang them up and getting a new set of palates and because of the trouble they are ordering me a second key and programming it free of charge.....still never got free mats though... :cool:

Can anyone answer a question though, does the 7th Generation facelift have mp3 as standard?
  17. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Congratulations...glad it all went through okay.

No, mp3 isn't a standard feature on the 7th Generation facelift, it hadn't quite taken off in 2006.
  18. demon-knight Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ah well not to worry, will get myself an xcarlink in the next month or so.

Just been out doing some led upgrades to the car, done the boot light and the puddle lights.

What sort of bulb do the vanity mirrors and interior lights take?
  19. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Congratulations on buying the car. There's a discount code for xcarlink at the moment for members of AOC. If you're interested in it send me a PM. It's only valid for a couple more weeks and saves you the postage.
  20. accordsedan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I am going to be listing some honda OEM accord mats on Ebay soon. they are used but in pretty good condition, only the drivers and passengers though, i don't have rear. pm me if ur interested and we work out a price :Smile: