Introductions getting my 8th Generation 2.0 ES GT Tourer

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Phil D, Friday 21st Jun, 2013.

1. Phil D Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Picking it up today from superb dealer. Looking into putting rear, and possibly front, cameras on car and putting small monitor in Sunglasses pod in roof. Has anyone tried it? If it isn't feasible may need to put parking sensors on.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome to AOC and hope you enjoy your new car :Smile:

I would like to see you camera mod, please do share the details as and when you install it.

3. Phil D Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

After first impressions may be having a rethink.
    When I viewed car was told chip in windscreen would be fixed and invisible, car mat that had hole in it would be replaced, and that car would have FULL service. When I picked the car up, chip had been fixed but still have 1/2 inch line to look at, mats were stacked in boot to 'dry out'! but still had hole in one, and on top of that service light came on after 50 miles. Didn't get windscreen or mat discussion on paper so not happy. Now CD player will not play MP3 or WMA files. God I miss my Saab.
    I know I should have checked car completely before handing the cash over but sadly believed the Honda ethos.

- - - Updated - - -

Now had to call out rescue service as has got a flat battery..!! 14 days of ownership.One was good.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This superb dealer initially and now not so nice dealer would it be a Honda dealer or a independent ?

5. Phil D Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It's a Honda dealer. They came and picked up the car on Saturday and left me with an Insight. Nice car.