Accord/1st Gen Giles' 79 Accord Hondamatic Saloon

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by Giles, Friday 26th Oct, 2012.

1. Giles Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Folks,
    Here is my lovely 25k miles Accord :Smile:
    Amazingly it has a full Honda supplying dealer stamped up service history book - serviced on time not miles. The condition really shows the care and attention the owner gave to this super car. I feel very fortunate to own it.
    P1010094.
    P1010098.
    P1010101.
    P1010106.
    P1010119.

Really love this vehicle, it's simply fabulous!
    Cheers, Giles

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yay :Happy:another 1st Generation owner it looks really nice .I love it great to see a car is such lovely condition.

Welcome to AOC bud , if you want a club sticker for the car , more than happy to give a few :Hey:

3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to AOC
    Another 1st Generation:Hooray:,that is a very nice car sir.

4. Giles Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks folks :Smile:
    Zoran - I'm just down the road in Stratford. Do you have pictures of your Accord on here?
    I'm liking the sound of freebie window stickers!
    Cheers, Giles

5. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi Giles
    I don't have 1st Generation but have seen and had a ride in one of the oldest one in the country.
    I was thinking of buying one but due to lack of garage/space to keep it i didnt.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Giles please send me a PM with your address I will have them sent out tomorrow.

7. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lovely vehicle, Giles. Love how you can sit in the engine bay and work on the motor !

Ichiban likes this.
  8. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Fantastic car, If I owned this car I don't think I would drive it, its a masterpiece by what I can see.When I bought mine back in 83 it was only 3 years old and already had some rust bubbles under the headlight panel and under the repeater lights ,this one is spotless, Just look at that engine bay crazy,

9. Giles Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the compliments on my Accord - yes it's a beauty all right, I really do feel very proud to own such a fabulous mint car!

Also thank you very much for my Accord Owners Club stickers :Smile: one for the modern and one for the classic - great stuff.

Any classic Accord owners near me in Stratford Upon Avon?

Cheers, Giles

Ichiban likes this.
  10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I would love to see your car one day I plan to start posting the classic car show calender on the forum so all can have visibilty of it.

as for classic accord and classic honda owners have a look at 1stgencivic.org under the european section loads of Civics and really active club meets.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Absolutely gutted the site is no more I hope it come back soon!

12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Wow another fantastically kept 1st Generation. Well done Giles, top job :Smile: :Thumbup:

Ichiban likes this.
  13. Ronda Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Essex
    Hi, I have a 2nd Generation 1984 Honda Accord coupe which I still drive most days going for MOT tomorrow hopefully another year of showing her at local car shows.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Rhonda do you use your 2nd Generation even in winters.:Aghast:

15. Ronda Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Essex
    Yes I use her all winter even last year never let me down.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Passed. MOT no advisory's

16. Giles Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I only use mine in fair weather unless committed at a show. However I plan to have the Dinitrol redone and then maybe I will be a bit more adventurous! I have every faith that British salty winter roads will be damaging to our delicate 70's bodywork.
    image_zps716ed06b.

image_zps93bee709.
    cheers, giles

Ichiban likes this.
  17. Giles Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

18. monkeyboy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

harlow
    hi giles great to see in such good shape looking great brings found memories my mother had one till some dope wrote it off after she just had it resprayed insurance only paid out £300 so gutted to lose her at the time, it was a ex saloon with electric windows/ sliding sunroof , vinyl roof /power steering , classic high roller

19. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Giles,
    what's with the badge on the grille? Never seen one like that, did you get it like that or is that some local theme of yours?.