Electrical & Lights Glovebox cigarette lighter

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Paul, Tuesday 19th Feb, 2013.

1. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Some time ago my cigarette lighter power point stopped working in my glovebox. The other one near the ashtray works fine. Does anyone know of this is a separate fuse or if its likely to be wiring? I'll be honest and say I've not checked any fuses yet just thought I'd ask.

2. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Glovebox or centre arm rest lifty up bit? I didn't know there was one in the glovebox...

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Glovebox power point ??

Sounds like a custom mod that has been done at some point by someone.
    Unless you mean the cig lighter point for the rear passengers.

4. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sorry mean arm rest! My bad!

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

LOL .. thought you meant that.

I would imagine the two are wired together. So probably is a wiring issue or maybe the rear cig lighter has an internal fault which means its not transferring current to connected plugs. Probes it with a tester or multi meter.

6. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I have a suspicion they have different current ratings, so probably different fuses.

7. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'll did the handbook out and see where the fuse it. No doubt it'll be that.

8. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Right just to close this. I checked in the manual and it shows that the accessory power socket is a fuse in a small separate fuse box under the bonnet. I checked and noticed the 20A fuse was blown. Used a spare in the main fuse box and all's good. Just need a new 20A now in case I blow another one.

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

That's interesting. Where about is this separate fuse box ?

10. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It's directly at the side of the main fuse box. The manual shows there are two extra small fuse boxes. This was in the third and the only fuse?! I think if mine was a tourer it would also have the tailgate fuses in.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This thread just prove guys only refer to the manual as the last resort and we given in... :Whoosh:.

TBH if we all of read the the owners manual this forum will deserted. It just shows how much info is sat in the glove box and we dismiss it because its beneath us to be told what to do :Foolish:

I blame the size of the manual which puts me off.The age old saying RTFM comes true on this ocassion

Nice one Paul needed that wake up call.

12. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

To be fair CJ what you've put is slightly wrong. My manual wasn't in my glovebox! It was in the upstairs study which is two flights of stairs away. Very inconvenient lol.

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    epic fail..

14. tals Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Miles Romsey
    I have the opposite problem, the ashtrays Cigarette lighter doesn't work but the one in the armrest is fine. I checked the fusebox under the bonnet (and from the manual) and that was fine. I have just taken the cigarette lighter assembly out to check for loose wires etc and that looks ok. I fail a bit as I have no electric tester but anywhere else I should check as well (I heard something about a relay can be the issue?)