General Going on holiday later this year - Leaving Accord at Gatwick

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Accord_N22, Tuesday 24th Jun, 2014.

1. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

HI Guys

Just a quick question.
    Going to florida later on this year and leaving the car at the official Gatwick parking (not valet parking) - I am keeping my keys. lol

I will be going for 2 weeks. I have heard that the Bluetooth module sucks power from the battery and I am worried that when fly back the accord battery would be flat.

Would it be wise to disconnect the Bluetooth module prior to leaving the car at the airport?
    The Bluetooth module seems to be working fine and doesn't have any of the issues experienced by members on here. (yet - lol)

Thanks guys

PS - I am thinking of disconnecting it before I fly - it would only stop the hands free from working???

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Once you lock the car after the HFT unit goes into off mode after 15 minutes. As long as the HFT unit does not have a fault your car will be fine. What I do suggest you can do is attach a trickle charger on the car prior to parking the car.you disconnect it then your car has no alarm :nea:

A 24 hour charge will do it .How old is your battery mate? Have a nice hoilday bud .

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    @Accord_N22 can you do me a massive favour mate can please stop posting same topic threads on different forum it's not good for our website. Please change the heading if you have to post the same question in multiple places.

4. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

@Ichiban
    Duly note mate. wasn't really thinking. Just tapping into getting feedback from more people.

As far as iam aware the HFT is working ok. My phone disconnects from it when the car is switched off which gives me a good indication that the HFT is ok.
    I guess theres only one way to find out. According to the service history the battery was changed in 2010 with a genuine honda battery.
    Whats the general lifespan of an SLA battery
    It shows a healthy green indicator and no signs of any hesitation
    Cheers. Looking forward to the holiday. Still several months to go though :Frown: