Off-Topic going to be a dad

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by welsh_decs, Thursday 11th Apr, 2013.

1. welsh_decs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Great news just had our 12week scan of our first child I know I am not the biggest member of the forum but I am so excited I feel the need to shout about it.
    rayhoop and Ichiban like this.
  2. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Rightly so, you shout out its the best feeling in the world
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Congrats Declan. It gets better everyday for like ever I'd say.
  4. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Congratulations mate :Smile:
  5. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

Congratulations man,best feeling indeed.
    Wish you all the best.
  6. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Contracts bud :Smile: its a fantastic day :Smile: if my wife would go for it I would have another tomorrow nothing quite like it, except poss a 8th Generation tourer in gray with cream leather sat nav fat set of rims :Smile: well almost

Well done :Smile:
    rayhoop likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Congrats buddy. may the little one bring both you all the happiness in life when she\he lands..

BTW i have spare box of matches , ear plugs and few other bits to keep you sane, make the most of the me time buddy.
  8. Roylewaa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Congratulations mate:Smile:
  9. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Congratulations! Rollercoaster ride ahead! lol
  10. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Don't miss the birth it just fantastic to see a new life being born
    Oh and tip don't take car and bike mags to read :Smile:
    I only did it once!!!
  11. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Last one honest if house need any medical advice during the good lady pregnancy pm me I work in the nhs and sure our nurses would be happy to give either of you any info you need midwifes are great but not all they used to be
    Wishing you both any easy time bud you lucky boy :Smile:
  12. thumper Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Congratulations pal! My one is 19 months now and I wouldn't be without him!!
    As above, make the most of the me time, and the tourer is the perfect family car.
    Good luck!!
  13. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Congratulations. Starting banking your sleep!
  14. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yep as Paul says get lots of sleep in. Also get used to 'getting it in the neck' from your other half about everything, because she's stressed and worn out by the baby.
    Give up any hobbies you have also, you won't have time for it.

Other than that its brilliant seeing them develop and learn.
  15. rayhoop Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Keerat Amersham
    Awesome news! Too right you should be happy and shouting about it!

Mrs and I are approaching 12 weeks too! I'll get our 12 week scan(s) up when we have it :Smile: We had trouble and had to go through IVF, but thankfully have been blessed with twins (assuming all goes well). I've got some early early scans (7, 8 and 10 week) but I'll wait till the 12 week one before sharing.

Congratulations and all the best for the future. Enjoy every moment! Even when you get it in the neck, or don't get any sleep etc... just think how fortunate you are to have been blessed with a beautiful child :Happy:
  16. james m Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've got 2 kids and my partner is 14 weeks pregnant with our 3rd and yes there are moments when you wanna just run away for an hour but when your sitting watching simpsons with a 3 year old girl and she says daddy why is mummys bum so big you can't help but laugh. I wish both of you very best and remember only 18 years till you get a good night sleep
  17. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    I would definitely recommend being at the birth, it is the first moments of the child's life and you will be there with them both.
    I attended my (only) sons birth and I still think about it now ; he is 34 this year!
    God luck for the future
    Mike c
  18. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Best wishes,must admit before my kids came along I was not the biggest fan but would not be without them now ,makes life worth while, good luck with it all.
  19. jjazzza Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

great news something to look forward too
  20. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Great news for you - congratulations to you both - tip you may find useful , we bought bits each week but especially nappies & baby wipes as (you will soon find out) they are gone through like wildfire!!
    Also beware your other half's cravings... Cj has never forgiven me for sending him out for chips in the middle of the night - which took him forever as he drove all over Leeds to find a chippy- only to find that by the time he got back I had gone off them- lol
    He was not happy ...