Off-Topic Golf

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by AccordCU2, Saturday 3rd Mar, 2012.

1. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Anybody here play Golf?
    I went yesterday on the range to hit some balls and have to admit i am useless but i am not giving up just yet.My ten year old hitting them better then me.:Aghast:
    Few more times and i am ready to take Tiger Woods on:Grin:

Malibu likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I used to play very regularly in the late 90's made some solid connections for my career on the golf course. I have a rusty old steel iron club set in the shed may need to get the steel wool out of retirement.

If you are decent at golf I had a handicap of 19 at my heights which is average you can go places in the corporate world trust me.

I have seen some lemons in my life and they are smoking Cuban cigars all day long down to golf..

3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I am not really into Golf.My mate is mental about it and is always nagging me to go with him and hit some balls so i gave in and went with him to see whats it like.
    Like you said you can go places,my mate is company Director and he does lot of deals on Golf course.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    it doesn't surprise me one bit buddy, the chat at the club house is where the deals happen.The Japanese are mad about golf what ever you do never get a hole in one ( for a amateur that happening is rare) :Aghast: and don't ever win your round..ever....

5. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The nearest i got was pitch and putt at the end of the cricket season when it was too dark to play cricket. Just an excuse to go to the pub afterwards really.

6. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    When I lived in Tallahassee, Florida, there was a fantastic golf club locally. And, a friend of mine invited me as a guest. I hit a few golfballs but never really did anything spectacular with the sport. Was a fun way to spend a few hours, walking around on the green, talking. Not sure i'd want to do it as a hobby though.

7. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hate golf.. It's in the league of cricket & tennis!!! Closest you will ever get me to golf is crazy golf and only because I can cheat!!

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Golf is good stress reliever ,a few baskets of golf balls at the driving range targeting the ball collector as a moving target.. ahh bliss

9. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Sorry, but still find it boring!!

10. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You should try it one day Helen.You might change your mind.
    I am still not very good but do enjoy hitting golf balls at range.Very relaxing.

11. Bondy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I play at least twice a week! It's perfect for my OCD! Everything has its place... Kind of like my car really. Plus great escape from stresses and strains of work and family life... Plus you get to escape for at least 5 hours. I can highly recommend it!

Ichiban likes this.
  12. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    It's been ages since I played golf. I forgot how relaxing it can be. And, i'm having a bit of stress in my life lately. Would be nice to get out into the open like that and just let it all go. As you say, golf is a meticulous sport, no flinging oneself around like in tennis. :Grin: