Off-Topic Gone in 180 seconds. BMW 1 series.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Doc, Tuesday 10th Jul, 2012.

1. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    It seems that BMW has a security issue. BMW's equipped with keyless entry and start are extremely easy to steal. The car alarm isn't equipped with a sensor to detect the glass breaking and there is a blind spot on the ultrasonic sensors down the A pillar to the OBD port. Also the OBD port maintains a live power feed even when the ignition is off and the car is locked enabling a new blank key to be coded. The new key is then used to start the car.

Video: My BMW 1M Coupe Stolen in 3 Min as Part of Recent UK BMW Theft Spree Using OBD - BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

300 cars have been stolen in 1 county in March!

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  3. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Sorry completely missed that. :Whistle: Delete the thread if you want as it already been covered.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    let it run some more publicity for Bavarian tractors won't go a miss.

5. demon-knight Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

While were on about BM's here is another nice article about how easy they are to steal using keyless entry. It could also affect other makers too.

Link Here

Edit: Oops just realized that's the old article, will try to find the new one....

Last edited: Tuesday 10th Jul, 2012
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This has been happening since the 1990's so it isn't a big thing really,its done a full circle.

7. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Recent converts to BMW from Honda take note :Whistle:

demon-knight likes this.
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    They will be in denial and still think it acceptable and no security is fool proof bandwagon!!

Some people are so wrapped up in blind faith in Bavarian tractors , just lose sight it thier backsides are talking whilst their mouths are sealed.

9. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    If you want a good laugh watch watchdog @ 8pm on BBC1. They have a article on this. The problem is so rife police are now having to warm the owners of these cars they're very likely to be stolen.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Watching it the best of German engineering or the lack of it ...

11. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Amazing that BMW claim other OEMs are subject to this. :Rolf:

Talk about passing the buck and avoiding responsibility!

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just imagine roads of U free from the clowns behind these Bavarian tractors , I wish the all get nicked and get broken down in china and made into manhole covers.

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just imagine our roads free from the clowns behind these Bavarian tractors , I wish the all get nicked and get broken down in china and made into manhole covers.