Accord/8th Gen Good bye Accord

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Jay2512, Monday 4th Feb, 2013.

1. Jay2512 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Walsall
    Well,

The time has come for me to buy a new car and after countless hours of searching and test driving I'm sad to advise that the Accord will go and not be replaced by another Honda.....

The Accord has been a really good work horse for me and has been a great companion over the past 45k miles and 2 years (besides that dreadful auto gearbox) and I hope my new car will be just as good.

I know most will hate my pick but I have settled for a New MB C220 Estate furnished in AMG Sport Plus trim - as per the demo car I tried below:

photo (4).

I had set my sights on a New CR-V, but financially the MB made more sense and with 4% finance I couldn't say no.

So to that effect I will be removing the auto mirror module from the car over the next week or so and should anyone like to make me an offer just drop me a note.

I will continue to add to the forum in the future for current and potential Accord owners.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Monday 4th Feb, 2013
  2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Must admit that Merc looks quite nice,good luck with your new car and don't be a stranger.

3. Jay2512 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Walsall
    Thanks Zoran!

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    If my dad saw me in MB he would be very happy .. But that will never happen. Congrats on your new car bud.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Congrats on you new car Jay. I'm sure the Honda has left a lasting impression and you will back in a Honda sometime in the future.
    Enjoy your new ride sir. Please do drop in from to time and let us know how things are going.

6. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

They are tempting, and unlike Honda they are offering some great deals, I suppose to compete with the new 3 series.

£289 per month with £4k down.

http://offers.mb.co.uk/offers.php?model=C-Class Estate

- - - Updated - - -

Need some winter tyres though buddy, rear wheel drive doesnt work in snow....

7. Jay2512 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Walsall
    Thanks Guys. The Honda has indeed left a lasting yet solid impression and I'm sure it will go on to please someone else in due course.

MB are indeed offering great deals. I got a deal of £3k down + dealer contribution of £2k on the car!! Offer too good to resist.

I will be honest I've wanted a car like this for a few years and finally after all that waiting its come a reality.

Note the winter tires........ think I will leave this puppy parked up during Snow days.

8. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi, Sorry to hear your moving on from Honda but all the best and please let us know how the Merc compares:Thumbup:

Last edited: Monday 4th Feb, 2013
  9. Jay2512 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Walsall
    Jace, you need to clear some of your messages as I can't send one back.... your inbox is full!!

10. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just done it :Thumbup:

11. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I looked at one of these (saloon, not estate) before I bought the Accord. They are a heck of a lot smaller inside and feel very cramped.

But if it makes sense for you (financially etc) then you should be happy with you choice Jay :Thumbup:

Good that you'll stick around the forum as well - always good to keep ex-Accord owners in the fray, if only to let them know what they are missing out on :Wink:

i-DSI likes this.
  12. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi Jay,
    Honestly: your new ride looks wonderfull.
    But....something deep inside tells me that with that choice you will be happy one day you can come back to Honda.
    Anyhow (hard to say these words!!): good luck with it:Wink:.

13. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    Super looking merc, sounds like a good deal too. It's a shame Honda don't do deals like this, perhaps there would be more businesses interested in buying Accords for their reps. More business interest would in turn help to keep Accords available in the UK.
    Regards
    Mike c

14. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

If Honda built the Accord in Europe they could offer deals like this.

Unfortunately most people would rather have a Merc over a Honda, I can understand that in a society like the Uk, still very class based, a Merc is a status symbol, where as a Honda isnt, except an NSX!

Jay2512 likes this.
  15. jaytip Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Nope not even the NSX. It IS a car that generates interest from those who don't know what it is,and respect from those who know what it's like,But talk to a Ferrari or Lambo driver and the usual responce is "rice rocket" or Japanese crap" :Angry:

- - - Updated - - -

It's interesting that you say this because i thought the Accord was very tight for legroom in the back for such a big car.Not an issue for me though as my family are still very young.

16. earthsciencer1 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Bob Wetherby
    The limited leg room in the Tourer has surprised me as well. Like you it is not a major issue for me but I can imagine it being a big disincentive for families with growing children. I would have thought that because of this it would have had a greater load capacity than say my old C Class estate, particularly as it is greater in length, but no it is quite a bit less.

Overall I am more than happy with it so far but there do seem to be one or two design issues that make it less appealing than the competition to many people

17. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yep the Accord isnt massive inside by any stretch, even though it feels very wide on the road, maybe its those massive mirrors?

The Tourer back seat space and boot space are ok, but not class leading. Too much suspension intrusion in the boot. As this model is sold worldwide, you would think they would have made it a bit more spacious and try and compete with Mondeo, Superb and Insignia. When my 6 foot relatives are in the back, its pretty small.

Bonus is its not too difficult to park. I bought an Accord for the good engineering, styling and reliability, and because I couldn't face driving a Mondeo, Insignia or Superb, and I couldn't afford a 4 year old Merc or BMW also.....

Nick Allen likes this.
  18. jaytip Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

There is not another car on the market for less than 30k that can compete with the rear legroom on a Superb in my opinion. It's almost like a limo.

19. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

The Superb is a good car, I just don't like the fat styling.

20. leonmk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

How much you looking jay