Fuel Efficiency Good Fuel Cosumption On My CR-V

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Robbie, Friday 22nd Mar, 2013.

1. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I filled up with diesel today and on full to full it managed 37.6 MPG. That is for running around, and only a fraction worse than my Accord Tourer that used to average about 38 MPG. I'm quite pleased with that because with all of the bad weather the heating, wipers and lights have been on.

2. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Is that urban or m-way?

3. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Getting that on short trips, 46 on a run

4. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    It is for urban use. Lots of low gear work on single carriageways. Should be a lot better when it's done some mileage, and I'm hopeful it will do well towing. Never got better than 30 MPG towing with the Accord.

Last edited: Friday 22nd Mar, 2013
  5. RichT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I filled up this morning and have calculated the last tank gave a slight improvement to 39.4 MPG, which is a little surprising as it had been virtually all just trips to work and back.

I had intended to try some V-Power diesel this time, which was just as well as that's all they had! I will be interested to see if there is any noticeable difference in the CR-V.

crv_mpg.

6. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
    Just on the MPG theme, I've just returned from 11 days in the north of Scotland - travelling from Leeds. My CR-V is an auto and from full tank to full tank and covering 2232.7 miles the MPG is 44.96. Not bad for that type of driving up and over mountains, glens etc. the only m/way driving was from Leeds to just north of Perth the rest was ordinary and single track roads. I'm very pleased indeed.

7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

That is a good result. A sign of a well maintained car.

8. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
    Well, after another 2066 miles to Aviemore including touring and the return trip, from full tank to full tank the car returned a mind blowing 53 MPG! Car was registered on 4 March 2015 (4th Generation) and is diesel (hopefully with good emissions!) 2.2 I-DTEC auto. This is a result I never expected especially after being very pleased with my last one. Improvements are obviously continuing all the time at Honda.

Mileage on the car is now 11,345.

karlak and Nels like this.
  9. Nels Moderator Staff Team

That's a smashing result RON. I would be very happy with that too.
    I'm waiting for the day someone beats @ TheDarkKnight's MPG :Whistle:

10. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
    I don't know how he managed it - I know I never will!

11. karlak Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Picked up our '13 plate CR-V yesterday. After resetting the trip computer this following picture shows the MPG when we got home. Was pretty much 75 mph all the way apart from a couple of sessions of stop/start in traffic for roadworks. Not bad at all for a an Automatic as well :Smile:

20150923_164516.

FirstHonda likes this.
  12. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

With MPG like that from the 2.2 I-DTEC, it makes me wonder whether fitting the the 1.6 I-DTEC to the CR-V was worth it...:Tea:

Great result @karlak :clap:

karlak likes this.
  13. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    Probably not just for the MPG - also for their pollution numbers. Which said, I took the 1.6 AWD Auto to lunch up in the hills behind Alba today, and got 43 MPG on the way up (lots of windy climbs) and 60 MPG on the way back down. At one stage of the descent I was at 91 MPG!