Tyres & Wheels Goodyear Efficientgrip SUV

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by gongoozler, Wednesday 17th Dec, 2014.

1. gongoozler Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

HI,
    Anyone have experience of this tyre (£114 fitted) as I am looking for 4 new tyres early in the New Year..... it's CC rain/grip rated, and 68dB ??
    Alternatives seem to be
    Firestone Destination HP
    Conti Contact 4x4.
    But I favour the ratings of the Goodyear....

2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I don't own a CR-V but those efficient grip are great tyres.

3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I had GoodYear multi-season tyres on my previous VW Tiguan, and they were very good.

4. gongoozler Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

4no GoodYear Efficient grip SUV's now being fitted on Tuesday, £408 via Blackcircles. As usual if they are great I will let you know how intelligent I was to buy them, and if not I'll just keep quiet and mumble to myself, trying to preserve my delicate ego!! Tyre types and forums... after about 10 posts always totally confusing, and on the websites I have never seen so many weird and strange tyre types/names, I am tending to dismiss all these now until I get at least to a brand I recognise! Then I hope they will last and last (cos' I'm tight) be whisper quiet and stop on a 2p piece.

FirstHonda likes this.
  5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Brilliant post :clap::clap::clap:

Hope the tyres are good enough for you to praise them on here :Wink:

6. roelfarm Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Cheltenham
    I've got them on my CR-V Gen 3. Had them fitted last Summer. Can't fault them but time will tell. One thing is they not nail proof but that's another story.

7. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

be interested to hear your experiences on these

8. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I used to drive on Efficient Grip tyres a lot, they are good tyres indeed, might want to consider the XL ones for the CR-V however. I now drive regularly on Eage F1's and put them on my own car now. Both are really good decent tyres

9. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    My wife's Civic 2008 1.4 petrol has 4 brand new Goodyear Efficient Performance on since 2 months.
    Till now: extremely quiet compared to everything we had before and very comfortable.
    They don't seem to deliver a lot of steering precision/pleasure compared to the Michelins Primacy I had on my Civic (was exactly the same as my wife's).
    My friend bought them also last week, for a (hmmm.....) Mercedes B 200CDI 2007. He likes (also) the quietnes and the comfort. In such a car driving pleasure does not exist, does it :Wink: ?

10. gongoozler Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The 4 goodyears are on, and seem to be fine...I would love to see how they wear, but have now been diagnosed with heart failure and currently banned from driving....BUMMER!!!!!

11. roelfarm Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Cheltenham
    Sorry to hear your bad news

12. gongoozler Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks, not even weight/ciggies/vino related either! I could do with a Segway to get about on now...but found out they cannot be used in public areas/roads etc in the UK !!