Introductions Got my first Honda yay! Please help me get my Mp3 to work

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by sunny2good, Tuesday 27th Nov, 2012.

1. sunny2good Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Everyone,

Greetings from wet and windy london. Wanted a 2009 I-DTEC but due to budget issues :Frown: bought a 2006 2.2 CDTI Executive few days ago and looking forward to going on a long drive next weekend :Smile:

Now here is my first task! Want to put in my mp3 player. I just want an AUX in and want to control the music using the device. Have seen videos online and searched the forums but could not find what I am after. The videos are mostly for automatic US cars and forum posts are about XCarlink for cars with Navigation. I don't think XCarlink is what i need. Can someone help me out?

I am also afraid of doing it myself. Firstly, I don't have the tools, secondly, I am afraid that i might break something :Frown:

So two questions really!

1) Any videos or helpful tutorials to install a simple Aux In for a UK 2006 accord without navigation. (What adaptor would i need if its not XCarlink) ?
    2) better yet, know any place in london who can do this for me?

Many Thanks guys,

If its the wrong place to ask for this mp3 player help, then also let me know so I can ask in the correct section

Cheers,

Sunny

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 29th Mar, 2014
  3. sunny2good Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks mate, i will check it out

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have sent you the discount code :Wink:

5. sunny2good Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Keep us posted how you get along in the install, if you get stuck sure others with the system can help.Normally they are really robust and work flawlessly.

7. sunny2good Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thought that before buying xcarlink, lets see if i can remove the panels and fit it myself. After lots of trying, i failed :Frown: could not get the panel around the gear to come out. So have to find someone to do this for me :Frown: Anyone know somebody in london who can do this for me ?

8. thedoccwc New Member Getting Started

Searching for a way to get an aux input on my 07 2.2 CTDI Sport was what brought me to this forum. Now, several months later, I might be just about ready to get round to the install - aided by the exceptional step-by-step guides on here, of course.

I was about to hit the PLACE ORDER button on the XCarLink website, when I remembered something about a discount code on here.

If any kind soul could throw one my way, that would be exceptional.

If not, I'll inevitably end up ordering a unit anyway, but any £££ savings at this time of year would be superb!

Cheers.

9. sunny2good Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

check you PM for the code :Smile:

Let us know how it goes

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds