Show Us Your Car Got my new CR-V at last

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Quacker, Sunday 10th Feb, 2013.

1. Quacker Banned ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It's the quietest and most refined car that I've ever had, bar none, and it's a diesel.
    Only had it yesterday but covered 175 miles of Welsh country A roads from Aberystwyth to Welshpool, with about 25 miles over the mountain from Llanidloes to Machynlleth on the way back. The display indicated just short of 45mpg, which isn't bad considering the hilly terrain and that it was picked up with 3 miles on the clock.

It is in Urban Titanium with the cream leather interior. All the standard toys. The infotainment and control system is by far the most sophisticated that I have come across, even if it doesn't have a TV and 'dual-view' monitor like Range Rover. It has pretty much everything else that I can ever imagine wanting. Will be a while before getting to grips with all the features but I have activated the auto-dipping light feature, adjusted the 'get-you-home' light delay, got all four doors unlocking instead of just the drivers, and a few other things.

The tow hitch is a work of art and nothing much of it can be seen when the ball has been removed. Not even the electric socket, which pivots up out of harms way behind the bumper.

Not sure I like the engine auto-stop feature. It stopped the engine once or twice at traffic lights when I would have preferred it to idle for a few seconds longer before shutting down. No doubt I will soon get used to waiting a few seconds longer before pulling the handbrake and pulling the gears lever into neutral. Not sure if wife and daughter are as adaptable or whether they care though.

Overall quality seems top rate. There are only one or two signs of cost cutting, most notably in that the door casings are of a hard plastic yet is easily flexible, which gives me the impression that it might start creaking and rattling as it ages. But that is speculation and it is currently a very hushed place to be.

Rather surprised at the quality of the audio. It doesn't look much on paper with only six speakers and no real boasts made for it in the literature. Actually it is a very fine setup in terms of noise quality and the head unit/navigation/all-singing-and-dancing thing is absolutely superb.

Plenty of room for people and luggage inside. Possibly marginally less in the back seats than my previous Q7 but perfectly adequate for two 6'2" large men to sit, one behind the other, in perfect comfort.
    Luggage space is larger than the Q7 by some margin. The depth makes a massive difference.

One slight disappointment is that the, otherwise superb, tow hitch lacks a secure purpose-designed stowage tray. This is potentially a big and very heavy missile to have flying around the cabin in a bad accident. I will tie it down to the space-saver spare wheel today.

Ichiban, RichT and SayamaAccord like this.
  2. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    I feel you're happy! Great.
    But.... the pictures are missing!!! Show us that car, please.
    Looking forward to a few pics.

3. RichT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Congratulations Quacker, its good to hear you are pleased with your new car, I certainly agree they are excellent vehicles. :Thumbup:

Your fuel consumption figures sound promising. My second fill-up gave 40.6 MPG which is a lot better than the first, but I've not done many longer journeys yet.

I would love to see some photos, if you get the chance, as you have such different exterior and interior colours to mine.

4. Quacker Banned ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'll get some photos organised as soon as I can but it is peeing down with rain here today. Again!
    No doubt I'll soon work out how to post pictures. Or not. Eek!

5. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Look forward to the pics Quaker, welcome to the club

6. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    Good man, Yes lets see those pics.

7. Quacker Banned ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Right. I've uploaded a whole lot of pictures to an album on this board. Quite how you view them, I don't know. Perhaps someone can point people in their direction? Please.

Not sure if that is what I should have done or whether they can be posted in this topic or whatever. I think the album is in my user profile or something. Not quite sure where the pictures are myself.

8. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    Nice one Quacker, I really like the new CR-V. I am so glad you like it and it is definitely a step in the right direction from the Audi.
    Haven't seen the pictures yet but I will have a look.
    Regards
    Mike c

9. Quacker Banned ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

To find the pictures, go to the 'Forum' tab at the top of a page, then 'Community' then 'Albums'.
    Let me know if you can't find it.

Spot the tow hitch and electrics. :Wink:

Last edited: Sunday 10th Feb, 2013
  10. RichT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wow - those colours make it look really different to mine - it looks great, but I would become a nervous wreck worrying about keeping that interior clean :Smile:

11. Quacker Banned ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That's why I opted for the Autoglym Lifeshine treatment. The big red bag in the boot is full of Autoglym products which I might get round to using some fine day.
    The Audi had similar interior trim but kept well considering. No chocolate eating or waste oil soaked clothes inside though or I'll get someone to kick my arse.

12. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    As well as the six speakers you also get a subwoofer which I think is in the boot, at least it was in my Accord Tourer. I'll have to look tomorrow.

Did you get the Honda towbar and electrics? According to the price list it is £701. I'm getting the Witter for £500 by my local man.

13. Quacker Banned ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes it is the Honda removable tow bar made by some German company whose name I should remember, considering it was on the kitchen table this time last night being sprayed with WD40 before being stowed in the boot. Think it is a Bosal. As you can see, or actually not see, it is very well hidden when stowed, with the electric socket swivelling up behind the bumper out of harms way when not needed. Trailer electric sockets have often been bashed and broken on the ground on my cars. Have needed two fitted in the last six months due to damage.

Not sure how much it cost. Can't remember, but not cheap. Have had aftermarket hitches before, indeed the Toyota in the picture has one, but unless they use the factory looms the fitters can make an awful hash of it with scotchlocks and things which don't stand the test of time. I have a Ranger pick-up which played up last week. It turned out to have a long loom to the back, non-genuine, and there was an Earth eyelet broken where it was attached to the chassis above the underslung spare wheel. Took far too long finding that one.

14. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    Bosal is a Dutch company that has recently gone into administration. Its UK plant is in Preston.

15. Quacker Banned ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It is one heck of a good quality product whoever made it. If they have gone bust, it looks like they were in a very competitive sector and obviously made a loss selling their products.

This looks like my hitch undressed.
    AK11

Having done a bit of research on this, it appears that it is specifically the Bosal UK manufacturing division that has gone into administration. It primarily manufactured exhausts. Two major reasons are given for its demise. Partly due to higher quality exhausts being fitted at manufacture that resulted in lower demand for replacements. Partly due to a potential multi-million Pound liability for enhanced redundancy payments which it could not meet.

Last edited: Sunday 10th Feb, 2013
  16. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    I found the pictures , very nice colour and absolutely love the interior. I would recommend the rubber mats from HH.
    Mike c

17. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice car i must say and love the colour also.

18. Quacker Banned ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks all. Really like the red ones as well but do have and have had several red and silver cars over the years and fancied a change. Managed to change the colour of the two centre console displays to a nice bright brown colour to match the trim colour and body colour. Also managed to upload three wallpaper pictures for the top display.

I have the old Audi carpet mats on top of Honda dark beige carpet mats in the short term. I should have some rubber mats from a previous Range Rover in a shed somewhere that should fit. Had to take the Audi mats out from the driver's side today because they slid forward. Certainly for the driver's side, rubber is a must-have.

19. RichT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Totally agree, I'm really glad I ordered rubber mats for mine, as from day one they have been keeping mud and slush off the carpets. The Honda ones fit really well.

IMG_1125.

20. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    Looks a treat, thanks for the pics.