Show Us Your Car Got My New CR-V Today

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Robbie, Friday 30th Nov, 2012.

1. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    and it's lovely. Very refined and quiet. Steering very positive and responsive. Interestingly there is no filler cap. You open the flap from inside the car - same as the Accord - but the flap also contains a filler cover, and you just insert the diesel nozzle straight into the filler pipe. Should prevent filling up with petrol by mistake.

The car looks very smart in Polished Metal Metallic and Ivory leather upholstery. I'm going to have to get to grips with the range of controls and switches before I venture far in it. The handbook is huge.

One quibble is the reversing camera, which is too wide angle.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Congrats Robbie let see the new CR-V.

3. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I'll take some pics and post them here.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Cheers mate . If you need any 4th Generation CR-V info just ask lets get the CR-V section going!

5. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    Congratulations on the new CR-V Robbie, Looking forward to the pics.

6. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Welcome Robbie lets see those pics,
    had my 3rd Generation a week now only done work and back so off into Derbyshire today see how it goes up them hills

7. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I have recently had an operation on my knee and I'm having a bit of difficulty getting in and out of the car as it is so high off the ground compared with the Accord. I have seen that Honda have a side step as an accessory, as opposed to the running board which is useless for the driver and front seat passenger. Has anyone had a side step fitted, and was it a worthwhile accessory?

8. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    I would be interested in a side step too, providing they make entry and exit easier. My wife suffers with a bad back and finds getting into the higher CR-V a bit difficult at times

9. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Congrats Robbie, glad you like it.

Why not see how it goes before investing in the board - your knee will get better so you might not need one soon.

10. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I've contacted my dealer who are going to speak to Honda as they don't have any information about the side step. I found it on an accessories list by Honda. It's a pdf file but I don't think I can upload it on here. Or can I? I think I've done it.

Attached Files:

AccordCU2 likes this.
  11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I wish Honda dealers were a bit more resourceful at times all they have to do is point the customer to the Honda Access website.

Running Board

909-4389.

Part number 08L33-T1G-600

Door Step Garnish

909-4377.

Part number 08F05-T1G-600

Illuminated Doorstep Garnish

909-4371.

Part Number 08E12-T1G-610

Note the Illuminated Doorstep Garnish only the front ones light up.

Just head over to Honda Accessories Car and Motorcycle and look up all Honda accessories you want, if dealers don't know then you know how to educate them :Thumbup:

12. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    That is the running board which is no use for the driver or front seat passenger. I want the side step which provides a step for all four doors.

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The 3rd Generation used to have it but the 4th Generation currently doesn't have the side step you want. There is no part listed. maybe with your new feedback they may do it provided it does not interfere with other accessories Honda has made for the 4th Generation.

893-4227.

14. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I 'phoned Honda this morning and was told that they don't have the side step for the new model, as you have said. The person I spoke to said that she would make a note on my reg and, hopefully, this may be produced for the 4th Generation.

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good news then Thanks

16. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    IMG_1648. I've just taken some pics of my new CR-V so I shall attempt to upload them.

IMG_1646. IMG_1645. IMG_1643. IMG_1649.

Last edited: Tuesday 4th Dec, 2012
  17. Islander Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Enjoy your new car!

I'm awaiting my new Red Passion CR-V SE petrol, just under 2 weeks to go, hopefully. This is my first Honda after a succession of BMWs, having just swapped in my (ex Co) BMW 520d upon our (very!) early retirements and getting a puppy. The local dealer has lent me one of their CR-V EX petrol demonstrators for the wait (since mid November when they took my BMW as a full swap) so I can get used to the CR-V experience before delivery of my own. Very good of them... it's going to be about 5 or 6 weeks of use! With that example of Honda dealership hospitality, I think I'm going to enjoy ownership!

It's a very different "drivers car" from the BMW, but I wanted to gain from the Honda reputation for reliability for a car that I expect to keep for some years, so I was prepared for a drop in quality and "fun driving". I've therefore been pleasantly surprised and really enjoy the new CR-V for it's ease of driving, the higher seating position and all that space! It's not quite the same quality (or price!) as the new 5 series, I must admit, but certainly no regrets so far and that's before I get my own car (I know it's an SE with lower spec, but all the things that matter to me will be there, so I'm fine with that.)

Incidentally, the petrol model doesn't have the same filler arrangement as yours; it's a conventional filler cap under the flap.

Anyway, I'll report and post pics when I get the new one.

Ichiban and Bowler like this.
  18. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Nice one Robbie

19. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    Went back to Lightcliffe Honda yesterday to get the door protectors fitted, and paid £199 for the 4th and 5th year service. So I have paid £398 for five years servicing of my CR-V. I was also told that I'd be getting a cheque from Honda for £500 that was part of the deal that I had forgotten about.

20. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    The postman has just been with my cheque from Honda for £500. Nice one.