ICE & HFT Gps

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by bassaholic, Sunday 4th Nov, 2012.

1. bassaholic Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Anyone know when a new map update will come for the GPS? The current most recent system is terrible, its apparently up to date but the new roads around me arent on it! its terrible, every other GPS (garmin etc) have moved with the times

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    What version of sat Nav DVD are you currently running. Where are you using the SA Nav more in mainland or NI?

3. bassaholic Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

its the newest 2012 version, not entirely sure which one it is.

im in NI

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Look at the DVD bud and see what version it is the latest version is 3.60.I would doubt NI would get a lot of updates TBH. I would put that down to bias towards NI or just pain not bothered updating it.

5. bassaholic Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yeah im running 3.6

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well you may want to wait a few revisions from now to see if there is any updates at all. Not good for NI customers thou :nea:.

7. jwramsay Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Buying a 2011 model (facelift). Had 3.52 disc in the DVD ROM in the boot.

I see v3.60 on the torrent sites and have a bunch of DVDR DL discs that I can burn the image to. Will this work OK?

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    It may work but it'll very likely burn out your laser in your DVD drive.
    Leaving you with a big repair bill. Best be avoided

9. bigroncoleman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Not doubting you and thanks for advice but why is this likely to happen?

10. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My understanding is that with burned/copied disc laser has to work harder/faster to read the disc causing premature failure.

11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Essentially a burned DVD is structurally different from a manufactured DVD. This causes the laser to do a lot more seeking, also drive electronics crank the power up on the laser.

Having said that I have heard of people claiming that they have run a burned DVD for the last year and half and the unit is still going strong. So the choice is yours :Unknown:

12. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I bought the new version off ebay last October - but its a very high quality copy and is working fine with no issues.

13. Jay2512 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Walsall
    I've run a copy on mine since the day I purchased the car pretty much and never had any issues.

Do agree with others though the Honda sat nav system is a bit naff with the visual complexity of an Atari 2600!! I can't believe Honda carried this system over to the new CR-V, such a let down in today's technical advances - and still using disc's?? One of the few niggles I had when looking at another Honda (besides the price).

14. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Its all down to the quality of the discs. I had to revert back to the original as my copy struggled to read. I didnt notice an improvement in the maps either. They both suck.

15. jwramsay Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Burned it to a Verbatim Dual Layer, so we'll see what happens after I receive the car. No rush.

16. jaytip Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Honda do seem to be poor when it comes to updating.The last run out of NSX's (2005) the head units still had a tape deck :Aghast:

Jay2512 likes this.