Introductions Greetings AOC!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kashim, Wednesday 25th Apr, 2012.

1. Kashim Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Greetings AOC members,
    Kashim here, had my Accord just over a year now and love it to bits :Thumbup: Found AOC through another forum (which I will keep anonymous :cool: lol), so thought would be rude not to register here.

Although had few issues such as VSA, which HH (in Clarkson voice: the best dealership.... IN THE WORLD) sorted out for me and have the often clutch slip, which I am contemplating though finances are not at their best at the moment. And recently this week engine oil spilt all over engine lol, other than that I love my car!
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi Kashim and welcome.

I read about your oil were lucky to get away with that one!

Anyway have a good look round the forum and make yourself at home here.
  4. Kashim Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

TWICE!! I managed to get away with it.
  5. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Whats the oil problem i'm intrigued. Oh and welcome :Smile:
  6. Kashim Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Don't think I tightened the oil cap enough. Drove around and car sounded weird. Evening popped the bonnet open to see oil everywhere! :Aghast:

All in all lost around 4 litres and drove around 50 miles without any notice, left it at work car park. Spent hour or tryna clean as much oil as I could off. Topped up oil the next morning and was all good again.

Car was getting washed and decided to try steam wash to rid of oil. Dude didnt cover anything (electrics etc) up and whlist engine was running he used the jet hose and hosed the whole engine with it! Immediately engine management light came on, luckily went after couple hours of driving the car. :OTT:
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    waoh lucky escape there buddy, surprised the engine ran so long with low oil. you got any before and afters pictures.
  8. Kashim Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Engine after I wiped of as much oil as I could

THE COVER ATTACHED TO THE BONNET- This was drenched in oil, even after jet washing this, it was still dripping oil!

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Engine looks detailed to me bud, albeit with a shiny sheen :Wink:
  10. Kashim Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks dude! will drain the oil again soon. Cos the engine is not as loud compared to other diesels, could tell it didn't sound right.

Ordered service kit from HH. Popping the bonnet open more regularly now lol! Oil levels gone down slightly after a week of incident. Will keep a close eye.
  11. mattpc Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

welcome to the forums.