Off-Topic Greetings! Did I Miss Anything?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TheDarkKnight, Saturday 10th Aug, 2013.

1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sorry to the regulars - just so busy with work on the continent.

The CR-V has been a damn delight to have partnered my many hundreds of miles around France.

Probably take me a few days to catch up with posts/PM's etc - so if I don't reply immediately even though I may be online, don't take it personally. :Hey:
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Heeyyy TDK !! Welcome back !

Good hear that your new batmobile has serviced you well.

Catch you around the forum.
  3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The CR-V has been awesome. The 4WD/AWD grip will be amazing come snow-time :Wink:

The novelty factor has worn off a bit and needs a damn good clean/detailing session, but its a LOT better than the Accord for my needs and have no regrets.
  4. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    Welcome back TDK, wondered where our forum leader had gone. :Smile: So glad to hear you're still happy with the CR-V.
    Had mine since last October, and still love it.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The cape crusader is back.. ooh have I had some PM regarding you. Has the knight left us? has he gone to the dark side?.. has he gone because of a fall out? ..etc etc

It been hilarious to say the least mate. Glad you enjoying the CR-V mate I bet its due it service soon!
  6. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Dark side? Isn't that Star Wars? Nah, not my scene. Not a Trekkie fan in the least.

You'll have to share the gory details when you can CJ! I should disappear more often! :Rolf:

Nah, CR-V isn't due any service - its barely three months old!
  7. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome back TDK.Now you got me interested in CR-V with your praising.
    Will look out for your report in the future when times come to change cars again.
    Good to have you back, all the best.
  8. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Zoran - I jest not.

The 4th Generation CR-V is a delightful beast - I totally love it. Far more spacious, practical - solidly put together and now that it has accumulated a bit of mileage, the fuel economy continues to amaze me. Its that good in fact, that if the 9th Generation Accord from the USA/Japan comes here, I won't be buying one.

9. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

One of things I am looking for in next car is more room having 3 kids and lots of baggage when I go on holiday so spaciousness is a must.
    It will either be CR-V or Accord tourer.
    Economy does not bother me much as I will be buying petrol again.
  10. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Engine choice - well, thats down to the individual I guess - but the CR-V will retain better values ahead of the Accord if the current market climate is anything to go by.

But yes, the space and versatility of the CR-V is fantastic - and am very glad that Honda didnt follow others like Hyundai etc and make it a needless 7-seater.

And with fuel economy like this: ....I'm a very happy bunny right now! :Laughing:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  11. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thought the dark side was run by Bavarian Tractor owners :Tongue: welcome back TDK
    Ichiban likes this.