Introductions Greetings from Italy!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MikeM-271048, Saturday 27th Jun, 2015.

1. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    Just ordered my 5th Honda - shiny new CR-V (1.6Diesel Exec Sen AT 4WD). Previous models were:

- In UK
    Accord 4th Generation 2.0is
    Accord 5th (European) Generation 2.2 VTEC

- In NL
    Accord 5th Generation 2.0i

-in IT
    Jazz 3rd Generation 1.2

Now all I have to do is wait until October. The CR-V must be selling like hot cakes!

dbrooks65 likes this.
  2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Welcome to the club Mike, sounds like you have quite the Honda history! Also sounds like they've been following you across Europe :Laughing:

The reason for the wait is because the new Facelift version of the 4th Generation is being introduced at the moment, it's an updated version of the same model - some new styling and toys.

What do you drive at the moment?

3. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    ATM we are still driving the Jazz - coming up for 160000km. It's travelled quite a bit: UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Switzerland, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzogovinia, Montenegro, as well as its home country, Italy. It really has been a great car, except for the A/C. In Italy, it just hasn't been able to cope with long runs in hot weather. Drive it to Malpensa or Genoa airport, park up to wait for the guests: collect them and leave, and half way back (it's about 150km to Malpensa, about 90km to Genoa) it freezes up, and won't work for about 10 minutes. And my wife hasn't liked the manual gearbox - she preferred the automatic Accords we had in the UK.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    They're great little cars in general, if I remember correctly the EU has a different aircon compressor to the one sold for both for Japanese and US markets. They're unfortunately not quite as good. Still through, as the mileage is getting higher it's good to hear she's been faithful otherwise!

The 4th Generation CR-V certainly shifts really well for a 1.6, I was very impressed in one recently. I imagine the automatic will be quite the same, though not as great on fuel economy.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    :welcome: to Honda Karma Mike :Hey:

Loving the Honda history. Would love to see all your past, present (and soon to be delivered) Hondas in the Club Garage :Smile:

6. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    If only I had pictures ... but I was too busy working to photograph my company cars. A pity, because I think the 4th Generation Accord was the most beautiful car I have ever, or will ever, run. The Jazz is functional as a runabout - I can't call it a town car, because our village has only 360 inhabitants - but it doesn't have the serenity or balance of that first Accord. And the CR-V is good to drive, but those D pillars are a taste I have yet to acquire.

7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK @MikeM-271048 :welcome:
    Great to see another Honda fan on here.:Hey:

8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to:gohonda:Karma