Introductions Greetings from Mexico

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mdelreal, Monday 16th Feb, 2015.

1. mdelreal New Member Getting Started

Mexico Manuel Guadalajara
    Hey guys,

I joined this forum to spread some good karma around, here´s the story:

I bought an EP3 steering wheel for my 7th Generation Civic from a UK seller on ebay and I got that delivered to a parcel forwarding service called forward2me in the UK as they list airbag handling as being one of the services that they offer. Long story short, they do handle sending airbags just not to Mexico (or the US) so my steering wheel is sitting in a warehouse in lancashire waiting to be send back to the seller.

Now, I could send it back to the seller and try to get some money refunded to me but I don´t want to do that as he was very helpful and offered a very good service so I think that he is entitled to his money (he did his part). I already accepted the fact that the money I spent on it is gone so I figured that someone else could use the steering wheel.

So, if you are in the main island and want/need an EP3 steering wheel with a functional airbag call dibs on it in this thread and send me an address via PM to get it delivered to. Really, is that simple. Free, gratis steering wheel from an EP3.

Only condition is that you replicate the deed in the future for someone else, if you have a part lying around that someone else could use then offer it and pay it forward.

Cheers!!!

MickyB likes this.
  2. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    DIBS !!

3. mdelreal New Member Getting Started

Awesome, just send the address

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Selling a product on your FIRST post I don't think so and overseas too many issues to deal with you makes us comfortable anyone bought this here will receive your item. At this moment its just words.

You Ip address is in Gerogia Atlanta and your location is Mexico..uummm .. hardly makes any confidence, can all members please stop and think before this OP comes back to us.

5. mdelreal New Member Getting Started

Not selling anything. Giving it away, gifting it. However you want to call it.

But yes, wait a bit and RogerH69 can let you know if I held up my end of the bargain.

And the ip thing? I do development work remotely, I was under a VPN for one of the customers that I work with that happens to be located in Atlanta, so which ip address do you see for this post now?

Chee-zuz!!! I´m trying to do a nice thing and the welcome that I receive from the staff if a lashing.

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Only trying to look after our members best interests mate.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Come on you need to be real your location Mexico using a VPN from the states its my duty to cross check people selling giving away stuff so we don't get stung.

I know our members and we don't know you YET so every precaution has to be taken , You would do the same if the tables were tuned.

8. mdelreal New Member Getting Started

I understand that, but nowhere in the posting I mentioned that I´m asking for anything in return for me, in fact I´m asking for whoever gets that steering wheel to give something to someone else, pay it forward. Spreading the karma around. That sort of stuff.

9. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and a big :welcome:to the club

mdelreal likes this.
  10. mdelreal New Member Getting Started

SpeedyGee likes this.
  11. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

Update - I just got notification from the mail room that there is a DHL parcel for me :Smile: Of course, they WOULD only notify me AFTER I leave work for the day.

Working from home tomorrow, but will see if I can pop in and collect it.

12. mdelreal New Member Getting Started

Yay for DHL delivering soon!

SpeedyGee likes this.
  13. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

Steering wheel arrived safe and sound. Thanks a lot @mdelreal. I was planning on getting one for my EV1, but was concerned my controls for remote audio and cruise control wouldn't fit, so didn't buy one. At least now I can check if they will fit. If not, I'll pass it onto another forum member, free of charge obviously. In fact, someone's already told me he wants it :Smile:

14. mdelreal New Member Getting Started

Awesome! I´m just glad someone will get some use out of it.

Glad to help

RogerH69, Duc de Pommfrit and Nels like this.
  15. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK @mdelreal :welcome:

I'm pleased that the steering wheel has found a good home.

I hope you understand why some of my friends were a little cautious.
    We look out for each other on here, as we have had some incidents in the past.

16. Ricki_5thGenCoupe Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Northern Ireland Richard Belfast
    welcome and congrats on your good deed!

not many people around would thought of others in this situation