Introductions Greetings!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mudinureye, Sunday 10th May, 2015.

1. Mudinureye Premium Member Club Supporter

Ireland Bertie Castlerock
    Hello all, how's it going? I've just joined after buying a 2007 CR-V 2.2 yesterday, though I won't pick it up until later in the week. I've just come from owning a Jaguar X-Type 2.0d estate for the past two years, which was a nightmare from start to finish. It's now lying on my drive whilst I decide what to do with it after it blew the turbo.....the latest in a long line of faults. Hence, I have gone down the perceived reliability road this time - fingers crossed ...

Looking forward to joining in, and to getting advice on how to improve my car!

Bertie

2. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma @Mudinureye

:welcome:

When you pick up your CR-V be sure to get some pictures and add it to the club garage :garage:

You aren't the first member to come to Honda because of the reputation for reliability, and I very much doubt you'll be the last! Have a browse around the forum, and then if you have any questions, just ask.

The I-CTDI (which I assume your CR-V will have, unless it is the newer I-DTEC?) likes regular maintenance and use of the correct grade of oil. As a start, try having a look at these threads. And good luck :Smile:

Guides - FAQ & Faults

Fuel Efficiency - Honda CR-V - i-CTDI & i-DTEC Engines

3. Mudinureye Premium Member Club Supporter

Good man, many thanks for the welcome! After the Jag, if all it takes is regular maintenance, I'll be a happy man. I hope to get it tomorrow, and will park some pics when I do :Yahoo:

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK Bertie.:welcome: Congratulations on your move to Honda.

I look forward to seeing your CR-V in the Club Garage

5. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Welcome Bertie, the CTDi engine is a good one but as mentioned above, it loves regular oil and servicing. I service mine every 6k or 6 months. Apart from tyres, oil and filters, its never needed anything else. Starts first time and behaves itself fully until I turn it off. Look after it, she will look after you.

Is she full service history? What mileage?

6. Mudinureye Premium Member Club Supporter

Yep, full history, 87000 miles, one owner.

7. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Looking forward to seeing pictures! Hope all goes well :Smile:

8. tpog60 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Rob Plymouth
    Welcome, pics?

9. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    hello and welcome, look forward to the pics :Niceone:

10. Mudinureye Premium Member Club Supporter

Picked it up today, supposedly after a comprehensive service and multi-point check by an independent engineer. Drives lovely, but the air-con isn't blowing cold air, and the "Dual" button on the climate control is flashing. Clutch pedal squeaks as well. Never mind, it is going back next Tuesday to have it all sorted - I'm still happy!

Let's see if I can park a pic....
    - - - Updated - - -
    Two cars.

Nels likes this.
  11. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Congratulations Bertie! :BooYeah:
    You've got your CR-V and loaded a picture on the site.
    If you can get her added to the Club Garage, that'll be three out of three today. :Niceone:

12. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello :Bye:and :welcome:to:gohonda:Karma