Daily Driver Accord Sport

7th Generation (2003-2008) vehicle added by Sevdawg, Saturday 10th Nov, 2012

1. Sevdawg Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello! My names Rich and I Recently bought myself a 55 plate Accord 2.2 I-CDTI with 100k on the clock and absolutely love it, totally standard apart from some aftermarket HID lights which i might need to make a better job of fitting (found 2 boxes either side stuffed in a plastic bag loose??)

Its got a couple of marks here and there, but i'm in the right place to sort those (work at a motor factors in Loughborough)

Upgraded after my trusty old fiesta was written off after someone reversed into the door! :Frown:
    278241_10151017246401512_1674854649_o.

Sadly the only picture i've got so far is one from the dealers website.

acccooorrdddd.

The wheels have been refurbed recently + I've bought a box thing for USB / memory cards waiting to be fitted as single CD is slightly too old fashioned for me :Smile: found a guide on here somewhere about how to fit and theres tonnes of videos on youtube, shouldn't be too hard . Fairly ok with a screwdriver / socket set! (or at least i like to think i am)

Sadly about 2 weeks after I bought the car, I noticed the clutch was slipping with more than 2-3 people inside so its back to the dealers for a new one. Get it back tomorrow fingers crossed!

I've had a good browse on this forum and found it to be a great source of info!

Looking into getting a remap with Celtic already after reading some testimonials!

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome bud, hope you enjoy your new Accord I-CTDI,looks like a nice and clean example.

3. Sevdawg Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks! Sadly the car needs a new flywheel as well as the clutch! :Frown: more waiting!

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    if you can get that done before you get then you know it will be right.

5. Sevdawg Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Car is Fixed! picking it back up tomorrow. Total bill of £1200 .had 6 months warranty on the car. I have to pay £200 towards the cost of the parts? Is this fair considering I only had the car for 2 weeks?

6. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

If it oiled the wheels enough to get someone else to pay the other 1k it was worth it

There is maybe an argument that with a 2005 car a worn out clutch is par for the course and not a breach of warranty especially if fair wear and tear was excluded which presumably it was

I think you did well paying only £200 personally

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to AOC, I think you did well only to pay £200.

8. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Hi

Now thats a nice looking Accord! I was after the gray one when I bought mine but could not find a good enough car at the time so ended up with silver

The clutch and flywheel for 200 notes was a steal.. :Thumbup: As for a remap, personal thing but I would think it through, I very early on in my ownership considered having mine remapped but decided against it. Having said that I have only driven one mapped Accord diesel and that was a tourer and not done by celtic I add but was not impressed with it. That said it was not a good example anyway.

Good luck with the motor and great to have another oil burner join :Happy:

Take it easy..