Detailing Grey plastic trim

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by FR-V, Saturday 6th Feb, 2016.

1. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    Ooooo, isn't it shiney in this section! :overtired:
    Just a quick question, what do you suggest to keep the acres of grey plastic round the bottom of my CR-V looking smart (apart from body colour paint and/or stick on shiney bits!)
    Ta, Pete C. :wheelchair:

2. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    When I was a valeter I used to use a gel that would make sun faded grey or black look like new without colouring them, ie it was a clear gel. I'm sorry I can't remember what it was called . Why don't you ask the Honda valeters what they use ?

3. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    Cheers Stu, will do.

4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Hawki likes this.
  5. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Sounds crazy but ASDA do a bumper spray which costs £2 and it's actually very good! Lasts for ages and I've been using it on my CR-V for a while now.

Teedog likes this.
  6. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    Thanks guys. I dug out the old red Autoglym bag I got with a magazine subscription years ago to use the tar remover I remembered was in there ( the bottom of the car is covered with fine tar spray) and found some Bumper Care. Still some in and worked a treat.
    While doing the trims I cleaned the wheels and found the front offside alloy has paint lifting and flaking due to creeping corrosion. Will this be covered by my warrantee?

Cheers, Pete C.

Last edited: Sunday 7th Feb, 2016
  7. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

@FR-V - when I had a similar issue with the alloys on my Accord, Honda replaced all four under warranty. That was the 'new car' version though rather than used, and I suspect you may not be so lucky.

Even so, as long as it doesn't look like the paint has been damaged by neglect I'd give it a try. As they say, if you don't ask...

FR-V likes this.
  8. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The answer to your question is silicone. Weather it's silicone spray , furniture polish or tyre dressing gell. It's all silicone.

9. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs

Just been back to Huddersfield to those lovely people at Hepworth Honda. Wheel sorted, dodgy centre storage bin replaced, steering wheel centred and clutch checked (all OK).
    Even took us into town for Mrs C to get some retail therapy and picked us up when the car was ready.
    Well done Hepworth, excellent service and well worth the 200 mile round trip! :Hooray:

Pete C.

SpeedyGee and FirstHonda like this.