Body, Paint & Styling Grill Emblem

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by jjbennett, Wednesday 22nd Apr, 2015.

1. jjbennett Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jjbennett manchester uk
    Can this be replaced separately or is a new grill job? mine looks a right mess....

2015-04-05 14.06.16. ignore the crack in the grill too! lol

2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    It is a seperate piece which is held in place by two plastic pins. The grill simply unclips at the top and bottom, remove the clips, the grill will come out, then cut off the pins and replace the badge with a new one. Non OEM ones do not have the pins and can be held in place with just sticky tape. An OEM one isnt too expensive anyway

Not a hard job at all. Is that a 7th Generation Accord? Still havent got your car in the club garage so not sure.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Rich you will find that emblem is not the general chrome emblem on your Accord or other Honda's you expect to see.That is cover is found on ADAS cars and behind that the millimeter radar is located that emblem is not cheap infact its expensive.

Item 8 part number 71127-TL0-G31 Emblem Comp, Front.(H-Mark) Radar its very moderately priced at a mere £378.88.:shock:

CMBS HK.

4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Fair enough, I stand corrected then

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It's easily done mate, ADAS cars are not that common so you would assume all are the same.

6. jjbennett Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jjbennett manchester uk
    i was fearing that would be the case as i heard they included the radar. £400 is way out of the question! and im guessing a sticker or something would cock up the radar. you think i could swet sand it back and give it a polish?

7. jjbennett Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jjbennett manchester uk
    finally got my car in the club garage too

Ichiban likes this.
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The radar is not included in that price the radar IIRC is four digits don't put a sticker as the radar won't work just polish it as the best as you can.

9. jjbennett Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jjbennett manchester uk
    yeah i think thats the only thing im going to be able to do....which is a shame! scary too knowing the price cos it probably means any front end crash is going pretty much write off my car in the eyes of the insurer!

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Any front damage to a ADAS car is write off territory the cost of repairs will make the car uneconomical to repair. But in saying that the ADAS system warns you if you are getting too close to the vehicle ahead , that still doesn't stop someone else hitting you :overtired:

11. jjbennett Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jjbennett manchester uk
    am i right in thinking the black plastic around the grill where i have the crack is a seperate peice? and how much is it if you know?

12. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I discovered last year, that some car manufacturers will replace badges, if found to be faulty, for up to 10 years.
    It may be worth contacting a dealer or HUK to clarify if Honda do too. :Unknown: