Body, Paint & Styling Grille strips.

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by lakeofshadows, Saturday 15th Oct, 2016.

1. lakeofshadows Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My wife has a 2009 Accord Ex-GT. The uppermost horizontal chrome strip on the grille has been torn off. A replacement grille is silly money. I was wondering if anyone knows if the chrome strips can be purchased separately? I've a feeling that a breaker would be unwilling to sell me the strip as it would probably render the rest of the grille unsellable. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.
    - - - Updated - - -
    It's a UK model, I should've mentioned
  2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

I am pretty sure I read something similar about 6 months ago and the guy was able to get a replacement bar on it's own from Honda. I might be wrong but might be worth a bargain t of digging in 8th Generation section.
  3. lakeofshadows Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That's brilliant, appreciate your reply, many thanks.
  4. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

5. lakeofshadows Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes, sorry, should've done that to begin with.
    - - - Updated - - -
    I've been looking about. I got a part number (I think) from one of the schematics that someone posted. As far as I can tell, £96 for the strip! Most of the sites offering grille parts seem to be Russian, and Google Translate isn't doing a great job on them!

Attached Files:

6. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Have you tried contacting breakers on eBay?
  7. lakeofshadows Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

No, I'm somewhat of an EBay virgin, I opened an account which was subsequently hijacked by my other half! I'll certainly give it a go now though, thanks for the tip.
  8. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

9. lakeofshadows Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Really appreciate all your help, thanks. I'll update on my progress.