Suspension, Steering and Brakes Grinding Noise in my CR-V 2.0 Litre Petrol

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2002-2006)' started by gsimpso, Sunday 21st Aug, 2016.

1. gsimpso New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Gordon Ellon
    Evening. I am looking for some advice and help out there in order to figure out what is the matter with my CR-V. I have a 2l petrol sport. The issue is I have a grinding noise coming from underneath which stops when you turn left or hit the brakes. I have replaced both front and rear discs and pads but still the noise persists. I think it may be coming from the rear but not sure. As I am new to the site I was not sure if this is the right place to ask this question so if not please advise. I am not overly technical but can do the odd thing or to to save money putting into a garage.

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Sounds like rear diff needs a fluid change. I'll reply in detail in the morning but have a look at CR-V threads or search for the term in the meanwhile.

3. gsimpso New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Gordon Ellon
    Legend-ary thanks for that. Do I have to use specific Honda rear different oil or will any do. As posts I have looked at state I must use Honda oil.

Thanks

4. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Honda's are very finicky when it comes to gear/differential oils so definitely don't put anything else in there.

5. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    Honda DPSF-2 2litres

Nels likes this.
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Moved into the correct section outside the Feedback section.