General Grinding Noise when turning right

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Kieren Shepherd, Sunday 20th Sep, 2015.

1. Kieren Shepherd Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kieren
    Hello all, it's been a long time!

So last night I noticed a metal on metal noise whilst turning right, at low and high speeds, when breaking and when not....
    I've looked around and people are saying it could be the bearings, which I Haven't had time to check. I'll have this looked at ASAP!

One thing I was quite annoyed with was being reversed into by some woman, she dented my front bumper and split one of the bolts that hold it on...
    Insurance deemed it my fault, as I was "too close" even though I was roughly a car length away, and she reversed....

So, hopefully it'll be fixable as I don't have the money to replace the entire bumper.

More bad news is that whilst going down the motorway one of the 'chrome bars' flew off of my Font Grille, do you think this will be replaceable? Or will it be a case of replacing the entire unit?

Cheers!

2. Kieren Shepherd Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kieren
    Update: It's not only when turning right, it's started by any small or big bumps in the road.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Is the noise like a thumb or more of a scraping noise ?

4. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    It's not your oil sump cover dragging or exhaust heat shield by chance

5. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    It could be a brake pad wear indicator just starting to touch the disc under certain conditions. This doesn't only happen when braking, like you might expect!

6. Kieren Shepherd Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kieren
    Zebster I think you've hit it in the head, it is now made much worse by braking when the noise is happening.

First thing i checked was for something hanging underneath... It seem all clear though!

7. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    If it's anything like a 7h gen, then unfortunately it's the inner pads that have the audible wear indicator fitted, so it really isa matter of having to raise it on a hoist, or whip the wheel off to take a look!

8. John Hamer Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Waltham Abbey
    Or a torch and look through the wheel to see the pads and what condition they are in.

9. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    You can't see the inner pad, and that's the one with the wear indicator!

10. John Hamer Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Waltham Abbey
    Sorry my mistake! "give the man a coconut"

Zebster likes this.
  11. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Hi John, haha. The damn things don't even wear evenly, which would be helpful!

I guess the logic is that you can easily check the outer pads, as you say... but because you can't see the inner pads then there is an audible warning device?