Aftermarket Kit Grom bluetooth BT3 unit with factory bluetooth

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by DudleySquires, Thursday 12th May, 2016.

1. DudleySquires Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Jon Southport
    Hi, I've got a '10 Type-S with factory bluetooth installed. It's really handy for phone calls on the go but I'd really like to be able to stream audio to the car as well. I know the factory bluetooth can't do this. Googling and a bit of trawling through this site reveals the Grom BT3: a bluetooth unit which will plug into the CD changer connector of the head unit and allow audio to be streamed from my iphone via bluetooth to the car speakers. Great!

I'd like to hear of anybody elses experience of this unit first though. Ideally I'd like to keep the CD changer, which as I understand it must be unplugged in order to connect the BT3. Is this actually the case or can they both be connected and functional at the same time?

Receiving calls - the BT3 can do this but I'm not interested. In fact I want the calls the continue to be routed (automatically - i.e. I don't have to select the bluetooth destination for calls vs streaming each time I get in the car) to the factory bluetooth, so that I can use the steering wheel buttons, and I don't have to switch to the "CD" (or "AUX" or whatever it will be) source to make calls. Calls over factory bluetooth will interrupt anything else, whereas calls may be missed if routed through the BT3 and I'm listening to the radio.

I'd also like to listen to the spotify app - I'm assuming this interfaces with the car controls in the same way as the iOS "music" or "podcasts" app?

I'd really appreciate to know of any members experiences with this unit before I buy. Thanks!