Introductions GUESS IT'S MY ROUND THEN?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SEPTIKANGEL, Wednesday 1st Oct, 2014.

1. SEPTIKANGEL Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

GARY Maghull UK
    Greetings all.
    The bar is open, you can all have a drink on me! :Drinks:
    Took some time finding this forum, looking forward to enjoying your company, will read, listen and learn and hopefully contribute a little too along the way. Have just today bought a brand new 4th Generation. CR-V. (p/x Tiguan R-line)
    Black edition 2.2 in Crystal Pearl Black and it's a beauty!
    Enjoy caravanning so will make our new car work hard (not really) when it's run in.
    Not a stranger to the Honda marque, though this is our first Honda car.
    Honda bikes have usually been in the garage, latest and current being a GL1800 Goldwing (2007) and hoping the CR-V will prove just as reliable and of good quality too. :sparta:
    From Liverpool area in the UK, 'special Hi to any North West CR-V owners here.
    :drunk: 2014-09-30 14.39.40a. 2014-09-30 14.39.54a.

MickyB, Nighthawk and Ichiban like this.
  2. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good looking CR-V you have there, glad to have you on board :Hey:

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That is a smart looking ride bud, welcome onboard.

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK @SEPTIKANGEL. :welcome:
    We have a great CR-V section, with very knowledgeable owners.
    The Black Edition is one special car.
    Enjoy.
    Next Club meet at your house then? :beer :Wink:

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I spot the sports grill, optional tow bar and step garnishes. What a beauty Gary, welcome to the club.

I'm 5 minutes down the road in Kirkby :Hey:

6. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Hello and welcome :welcome: A very nice motor especially in black.

7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to HK

Very nice CR-V indeed.

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma Gary, that's superb looking CR-V :Thumbup:

9. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Welcome to HK - she looks absolutely gorgeous.

10. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    How are you finding it compared to the Bavarian Wigwam R Line?

Duc de Pommfrit likes this.
  11. SEPTIKANGEL Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

GARY Maghull UK
    Cheap round that was, no one want a drink then? Saved me a packet.... Oops sorry, you're driving - no drinking here. :Smile:
    Thanks for the welcome everyone and a special Hi to Leo from Kirkby, gis a wave mate if you see us riding around.
    The boards and grill are all part of the special 'black edition' with the tow bar being a dealer fit.
    As to how it compares to the Tiguan / Wigwam :Smile: early days yet but it's bigger, quieter, comfier (sports suspension on the R-line) pulls real well (solo of course while running it in) and feel more cossetted inside. Should be more economical to run, (cheaper VEL and better MPG) And service plan, warranty with roadside assistance for 5 years at just £555 - bargain! nothing like that on offer from VW that I know of. Less cubby holes/storage in the CR-V (had drawers under front seats in Tiguan with card holders/centre console shelving/storage panels)
    I'm a little unsure as to usual/expected Honda better quality though due to a coupla minor issues (tint on two rear windows appears to be bubbled) and paint on tailgate appears rough/unfinished but only apparent when opened and felt on the underside (where your hands always go to when opening or closing a tailgate) Both easily sorted at dealer, just shame not properly boxed off at Swindon in the first place. Rest of paint appears good.
    Manner of storage of spare wheel appears pretty basic compared with the polystyrene holder/useful compartment moulding surrounding the Tig.spare. The Honda spare is just screwed down in a big empty (but cavernous) space below the rear boot floor shelving. Hmmm, that may actually be more advantageous come to think of it.
    Didn't have Sat.nav in the Tig nor camera so got a lot to learn with the Honda, lotsa reading innit!!
    They're both 4x4s both with good and bad points depending on what you want.
    The missus wanted a real handbrake and so she's delighted, while I was okay with the electric set up on the R-line. Oh, and she's also chuffed with the size of the boot in the CR-V 'cos the R-line was never big enough for shopping!
    But Hey, loving every moment!!!
    Myself? Fancied a change and delighted just to be able to play with a new car. The CR-V was our next to best choice when we first bought the R-Line, so just had to give it a chance.
    Happy days!

12. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Nice comparison. I didn't realise the tinted windows from factory could bubble - I thought the glass itself was tinted when from factory?

Have to side with your missus regarding the handbrake, I don't like electric ones not to mention the cost if they go wrong. My neighbour had a Renault Laguna estate and he had to get the electric handbrake replaced. £800 :shock: I don't think his car was even worth that.

13. SEPTIKANGEL Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

GARY Maghull UK
    Interesting you should say that about the tinted windows, 'cos that's what I thought too. But sales manager tried to convince me all tinted windows were tinted with a 'film' !?!? Supposed to be getting sorted with warranty 'cos he accepted 'they shouldn't be like that'.
    Anyone else got tinted windows behind the pillar? Are yours proper tinted through or just covered with film?

14. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    When i got my windows tinted, i used a chap who was telling me he has contracts with audi, BMW, vw etc to fit new films for them. Customer orders tints as an optional extra and he attends dealership and fits them

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  15. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    That wouldn't surprise me! lol

But I would be very surprised [and annoyed] if my windows are film tinted and not by additions during the glass making processing. In fact I'm positive mine are not film tinted as if you check here it looks like you can order them directly as privacy windows. I can't imagine a film tinting person travelling out to the warehouse in Belgium or wherever to tint them! lol

Honda CR-V I-CTDI 2008 2.2 EX REAR DOOR WINDOWS/ REGULATOR - Original Honda Parts | Lings Honda

Nighthawk likes this.
  16. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    hello and welcome @SEPTIKANGEL, lovely looking car you have there.

17. vzh7gk Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Graham Cheltenham
    Very SMART!! :clap:
    Bet it will take some work to keep it that shiny!
    (After 3 black cars in a row I gave up and went a bit lighter :Smile: )
    Enjoy...

18. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well all I can say is wow that is nice oh and you can fill the back up with beer and come along to the next meet:Thumbup: joking.
    Can't you approach the dealer regarding the tints I would have thought paying a hefty price for something so beautiful would have to be covered by the warranty? Just tell them you are not happy with the finish and you would like it sorted. I'm sure HUK would honour the warranty.