Accord Gutted flying road debris :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dave, Friday 27th May, 2016.

1. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

On the way home tonight something big and black came flying up from behind a HGV there was nothing I could do there then followed a loud thud and when I got home

384a19df9290d5b6e7ac941578ec3bb7.

Looks like rubber but it's the dent I am gutted about :Frown:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Really sorry to see that @Dave :no:
    I suppose on the plus side, it could have shattered the windscreen instead. :Unknown:

3. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Insurance claim I guess, after all that's what its for. At least you're still here to moan about it !

4. BB Baboonface Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Chesterfield
    Yeah buddy, that is a downer. A bit of an awkward spot with the lines of the bodywork, but anything is fixable. Worse could have occurred i guess, but still feel for you man :Frown:

5. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Sorry to see this Dave.

6. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not going to claim on insurance they'd probably write it off for that with the mileage it's done lol. See if paintless dent people can get it out at some point dare say a bonnet would be pretty cheap anyway.

BB Baboonface likes this.
  7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Sorry to hear about your misdemeanor. You don't need to go through your insurance for that, should be able to get it sorted fairly cheaply.

Nighthawk and BB Baboonface like this.
  8. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    I don't suppose you were lucky enough ( unlucky ) to have been behind a named company HGV ? I only say this as a few years back I had parked my new car outside an industrial centre, on my return the roof was trashed being covered in house bricks ! Of course no witnesses etc. After a small amount of detective work I rang the transport manager of a well known brick company.
    He didn't seem phased at all telling me to just send him the repair bill which I did and I couldn't believe it when they just paid it in full.
    Point being if you remembered the company they would be able to use sat nav etc to trace vehicle involved. Got a nasty feeling your going to say it was unmarked.

9. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I know whose truck it was problem is it was something on the road if it was something that had fallen from the vehicle then yes I would ring them it's just one of them things like getting a stone chip on your windscreen.

10. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    I see, yes I assumed it was a mudflap or similar, hope you get it sorted soon.

11. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've washed it and got most of the marks off, it doesn't look too bad just an annoying dent.

12. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Sorry to see that, would avoid insurance too, they will increase prmeium next year too.

You should be able to get it sorted for around £200 from a local archway bodyshop.

13. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sorry to hear this @Dave Hope it's easy to sort and not too expensive.

It's awful when things like this happen. One of my Accords was hit by a bolt flying up off the road and I'd only had it a couple of months.

Saw the bolt flying through the air clearly could almost tell you what size it was but nothing could be done except wait for the impact.

14. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    I hope it all gets sorted but can I add in the days when I had a half decent car I would NEVER take it in clean because part of the deal was you would get a free service wash !

15. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Bad news @Dave hope you can get it sorted.

16. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I doubt I will do much with it in all honesty it's not too bad if I found a bonnet cheap enough I would just swap bonnets the car is nowhere near immaculate and is not worth anything due to the mileage just going to keep her clean and well maintained and hope she keeps going for a few more years!