Reviews H&R Front and Rear Anti-Roll Bars (7th Generation Accord)

Discussion in 'Member's Reviews' started by dinoc, Saturday 4th Jul, 2015.

1. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    One of the first things I did not like, after acquiring the CL9 Type-S, was the body roll of the car on the stock suspension. At that time I had no plans on lowering the car, but I did want to reduce the body roll, so I had to do something about it,

So I decided to try the anti-roll kit from H&R H&R - DAS FAHRWERK - Stabilizer/ Anti Roll Bar

I know a lot of TSX guys installs only rear anti-roll bars, but H&R kit come with TUV certificate and for street use they do forbid to drive the car with only RSB so you have to buy both, RSB and FSB http://www.h-r.com/includes/download.php?file=../bin/33251.pdf

Both bars have two holes at each end for soft or hard setting so you can install rear or front on what setting do you want in order to accommodate your needs.

I' decided to install them both on soft position as they are much thicker than OEM ones.
    The RSB has 20 mm and FSB 28 mm.

The RSB was a quick install but the FSB required a lot of work to install, and is not an easy task.

With both bars on soft position the body-roll of the car is pretty much gone and the cars seems to handle much better, I'm very pleased with the result !

A friend of mine has the same car model like mine, but he has Honda OEM sport lowered suspension, I have stock suspension and the anti-roll kit,
    and the body roll on my car is lower than his with Honda sport suspension :Smile:

So if anyone is interested in reducing body-roll without lowering the car I recommend this kit, you'll be happy with the results and it comes with a TUV certificate !

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.
  2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    These are on my to-do list, I've only ever heard good things. It's probably the best thing I can think of to help combat that ARB flex in high-speed cornering which has the rear-end wanting to swing out - something even the lowered CL9s have to deal with, but that itself normally has the body roll issues great improved.

One of the great things is that it's a win-win mod as it doesn't really affect the ride quality, but greatly improves the handling.

I think you made the right call installing the front ones as well bud, how much of a bugger were they to install?

Nice write-up :Thumbup:

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I've got my eye on this mod as well, as mine seems to roll more than it really should.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I think with yours mate it's the shocks that have just become soft over time, there's probably play in the compliance bushes too, it doesn't feel anywhere near as rigid as my '07. But it is a lot more comfortable for cruising.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Shocks have softened up too for sure as the car is sat down on the offside more than the nearside (and for people that don't know me I'm not THAT heavy :Grin:)

I am starting to get some creaks and squeaks from the rear now. No surprise though as the old girls done 150K+ now.

One I've done my gearbox and clutch I shall turn my attention to the suspension.

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I think that's a good shout mate, despite the mileage, she's sound as anything and in good condition, you can double it :neo:

7. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    I can't remember how much the install was (it was done some a few years ago) but I remember the kit costs back than like 375Euro both front a and rear.
    Some friends of mine bought this kit now, and it was more pricey over 500 Euro, not sure why ...

8. usj101 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malaysia Shawn Subang Jaya
    Any used H&R for sales? :Tongue:

It's too expensive to buy it in Malaysia.