General H1 Bulbs for accord

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hsyasin, Tuesday 28th May, 2013.

1. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Hammad Bury St. Edmunds
    Hi all,
    Can anyone suggest which would be the best bulb upgrade for my 03 accord(CL9)
    It takes an H1 bulb, and i was thinking of putting in a bulb that gives u and HIDish look.
    Suggesttions?

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  3. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I ordered some Ring Xenon Ultima's +120%, these are supposed to be halogen bulbs filled with xenon gas, reviews say they are excellent but I haven't tested them yet

4. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Thanks mate, let me know the results.
    I've been reading around and seen better reviews for philips diamond vision and osram night breakers.
    So, I'll be waiting to hear from u that how these ring ones are like in looks and vision

- - - Updated - - -

And Speedy, I've read thru that post, and it just says how to change ur bulbs, not which ones are best upgrades

5. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

As for Philips Diamond Vision, I suggest you stay away from those. I had them on my Civic and think they are dangerous because of miserable light output which is worse than OEM
    bulbs. Apart from the good white looks, they are utter piece of cr.p ( mine lated for 3 months).

6. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Hey all,
    Does anyone know the correct wiper blade size for an 03 accord?
    I mean, online there are many different sizes, 22", 19", 26", 16".
    I went to ebay(user: xenons_uk) (19"/22" Front Bosch Aerotwin Retro Wiper Blades Windscreen Window Flat Upgrade | eBay) and bought a set which they said fits an accord 2003, but when it arrived and i fitted it, the long one is a bit short for driver side and the short one is a bit long for passenger side and goes off the windscreen. And now they're saying to return the item, which i paid £15.65 for, on my own expense and when i went to post it, post office says that only parcel force will take this size and its £11.69 for postage :Aghast:
    And I've to say, this ebayer is the worst one I've ever come across.

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Personally I would go with OEM wipers, they fit and work, no need to mess around getting things right as you do with after market blades.

If you want flat blades, get the ones for the facelift version, I think they are £18 including postage from Holdcroft Honda.

8. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Does that price include both blades?

Do they fit to the pre-facelift models?

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Yes they do fit, I'm told that you need to remove the plastic prong on the drivers side, which is held in with two screws.

Price is for the pair and includes delivery (tell HH your an AOC member).

10. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've been telling HH that for 2 weeks now and nothing still :Smile:

Do you have the exact part numbers for LHD cars?

11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Your in Serbia mate .. can understand if they have some logistical issues with that :Smile:

12. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Perhaps, but I should've been told so I think.

13. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Ring I have tried, utter rubbish.. They were great for few weeks but blew quickly in my dip beam. Main beam have been fine but get much less use obviously. Philips Ultra are what I have now (not the blue look rubish) these have been perfect and massive difference over stock bulbs. I have also used Osram Knight breakers in previous cars and they have been just as good as the philips. If you want more light then stay away from the blue bulbs.. The philips are a little more than the Osrams and very little difference other than price. If you opt for Osram get the Night breaker PLUS they apparently last twice as long but never had one of these blow on me.. Best prices I have found are on ebay..

14. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I will wait for the ring's and review them

15. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good stuff hope they last longer for you than mine did. I complained to ring and was contacted by their development team who requested i sent them back to ring which I did and they sent me some new ones. Not used them just put them on a shelf in the garage. The Philips seem to be doing just fine. The ring however do produce a massive light improvement over the stock bulbs, perhaps mine were just a bad batch who knows.

16. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Why don't u try putting the replacement rings in now and see if they last?
    you probably had a bad batch.
    if they blow out in short time, then send them back too and get new ones again :Hey:

17. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I bought the ring xenon ultima +120% for my 6th Generation they are very good bulbs give off plenty of light however you won't be getting the HID look with them as they are not white in colour.

Last edited: Friday 31st May, 2013
  18. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

http://hondakarma.com/threads/3380/?highlight=ring+bulbs

This is the thread with the pics on my Rig bulbs, you can see the mirror effect on them which cut out ant light and eventually they burnt out. True this could be just bad luck but I won't risk it again so for now the replacements sent free will be staying on the shelf ..

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  19. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    Something that I didn't know and was pointed out to me whilst getting a replacement bulb at Halfords for a friend was that the Halfords guy said that touching car bulbs without gloves can cause pre-mature wear due to vapour left by the contact or something similar... can't remember exactly. Does anyone know if this is true?

20. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I don't believe so, unless ur hands r soaking wet or u prematurely perspire.
    I mean I've changed alot of bulbs on my previous mitsubishi (just to see which r the best ones) and God knows how much i touched the glass area, the only thing i used to do was clean it with my shirt or use a microfibre cloth, never had a problem, and have also recently changed my accord' bulbs and I probably have touched the glass portion on that as well, but they're still working