Detailing Halfords Autoglym deal

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by Phil1978, Thursday 5th Dec, 2013.

1. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Just saw this on another site so I thought I'd share here

Halfords

Use code B13MOTOR05 for £2 off at checkout

Just ordered mine to pick up tomorrow, can't complain for £18

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Great deal. Their stuff is so consistently good throughout the range. Already have a 5L of their Shampoo/Conditioner and 1L of the Super Resin Polish. I'd recommend using a wax instead of their Extra Gloss Protection (even AutoGlym HD is a better bet).

3. road-assassin Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

UK
    The Extra Gloss Protector isn't supposed to be a wax, it is applied on top of the super resin polish to protect the paint work from uv damage and bird dropping. Then on top of that you would apply the wax. I personally prefer Meguiars Carnauba Wax but not in liquid form.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Aye, hence why I said you're better off with skipping that and going straight to a wax :Friends:

The EGP is unnecessary and you'd be better of with a dedicated sealant or the wax to protect everything underneath. Most sealant has better scratch/scuff protection characteristics than wax and beads all the same, but generalising wax has the better shine and definition.

5. road-assassin Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

UK
    Oh, from what i read i thought you meant that EGP was a wax not a sealant :Smile: