Guides Handbrake Adjustment

Accord 08-14

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Last edited by a moderator: Wednesday 9th Apr, 2014
  2. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    a pointer regarding the access pannel inside the centre console. in those pictures it looks easy to get on to but in real life its a bit fiddly.

Ichiban likes this.
  3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks for tip Beefy.Might leave this one for you then when I come for my service at HH end of August.
    I am not good with fiddly things.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    seemed alright for me ..famous last words. those tabs on the flaps can be a bit catchy.

5. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    its getting onto the 12mm nut thats the difficult part. the flap pops up easy enough. i use an extra long pair of pointed plyers to hold the cylindrical shaft infront of the nut to stop it spinning and an angled ratchet spanner on the nut. issue being if you try to tighten the nut without holding the shaft the cables just twist and you get noware.

Ichiban likes this.
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Zoran you going to attempt this DIY ?

7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Don't think so bud.When I come back from holidays I will book service to be done at HH and let Beefy to do it lol.
    Seem a bit fiddly for me.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  9. wreckrat Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just done this on my motor...what a beatch :Angry:, I had to push the front seat forward, get in thru the back door and then I could only get one hand in with the spanner, good job the nut turned easily...bloomin Japanese and their small hands.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Those small genius hands do make cracking cars thou. Good on you taking on the job.

11. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Am I getting this right? Instead of adjusting the the hand brake nut to take up the slack of the stretched cable. Its actually adjusted in the brake drum? Isnt this a step backwards? Im sure all my other cars you just fiddled with the nut by the handbrake and 30 secs later it was done.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Why is drum brakes for parking a backward step? its the point of adjustment that all via its inspection bung. The majority of the braking on a day to day bases is done by your disc and disc pads.