Suspension, Steering and Brakes Handbrake Cable

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by Leso, Thursday 1st Jan, 2015.

1. Leso Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Les Cumbria
    Just adjusted the handbrake shoes on my 2007 CR-V but still feel there is too much play at the lever, I presume there is a means of taking some slack out of the cable? Is this done at the lever end and if so can anyone tell me how to remove the cover over the lever or point me in the direction of any exploded diagrams please.
    Many thanks for any advice. Les

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Adjustment is made from nut 10. (I've guessed the model details, but this should be the same/similar for all the 2007 versions) If you add your vehicle to the Club Garage it helps us help you.

CR-V 2007 Handbrake.

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  3. Leso Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Les Cumbria
    Thanks for the reply and info Nels, I'm really needing info as to how to remove the console around the handbrake lever to get to the adjustment nut as I don't want to break anything while trying to get to it, I'm sure it won't be complicated but just need to know where to begin.
    Thanks again Les

4. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I may be doing this soon but not for the handbrake but because I popped one of the cup holder tensioners in when trying to wedge my stupidly oversized note 2 in there for its satnav. If I do it first I'll let you know.

5. dkarolj Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Croatia Davor Kutina
    To adjust the handbrake inside CR-V you don't need to remove the center console. Just in the center box remove the rubber floor and under it there is a plastic lid. When you remove it you will be able to turn the adjusting nut when handbrake is engaged.

If you want to remove the whole console. There are 2 screws under the rubber floor of the box and you need to remove front plastic under the leaver (just pull it toward the radio). There you will see also 2 screws. After that you just disconnect the cable connector and lift the center console.
    - - - Updated - - -
    B__3750.

Center box is 23. and front plastic cover 15.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  6. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Nice one, thanks for that!