Guides Hardwiring DashCam & SatNav for less than £10 With DIY Kit

Honda Jazz 2002-2008

1. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    legend-ary submitted a new guide:

Hardwiring DashCam & SatNav for less than £10 With DIY Kit - Honda Jazz 2002-2008

Check the full guide here.

exec likes this.
  2. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    How did you know which fuse was the right one? as in if that fuse was for cig lighters, mirror switch etc

3. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Jazz's fuse box cover shows the cigg lighter image on 8 and the box itself has fuses marked with numbers so it was pretty straightforward. 104716_11.

exec likes this.
  4. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Ooh never noticed that, not sure if mine has a sticker on it, hopefully it does!

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    exec likes this.
  6. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Used this guide to add satcam to my Accord. Thanks for sharing this, great guide.wasnt sure wher to place mine as its a large unit but seems work well here and its hard to see from the outside.

Attached Files:

legend-ary and SpeedyGee like this.
  7. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Have you got the Garmin which is SatNav and dashcam both?

8. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes,the Garmin NuiviCam. don't have an inbult satnav and wanted a dash cam.I am also going to add an additional reversing camera to it wirelessly so it lets you do that. few other features also ..lane detection warnings, collision detection etc .the lane detection isnt great on regional Irish roads! going to switch it off.

legend-ary likes this.
  9. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

sounds like an impressive piece of kit, have to look in to that. :Smile:

10. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Is it allowed to have it that location?

11. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Bit of a gray area. Our MOT here states only that devices or objects should not be in the field of vison. This is in my perhiperal vision and does not obsure my view. I think i have heard something in the UK about the sweep of the wipers and that would nearly make all windscreen devices illegal..have not confirmed that. I had the sat nav in the lower centre and that seems to be worse for vision especially when turning etc. Was thinking of putting on the opposite side but not sure that wud work either

exec likes this.
  12. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

So had a look at wiring in the Garmin BC3O wireless rear camera. It links to the nuivicam dashcam unit. Did a quick wireup to test the camera. Have to say for an expensive camera the resolution is pants. I like the way the screen switches automatically when wired to reverse line but defo not worth the money. Attached a pic. Not setup right so ignore the fact the lines are all over the shop

Attached Files: