Daily Driver Harvey's 6th Generation Accord 2 litre SE

6th Generation (1997-2002) vehicle added by Harvey, Wednesday 3rd Sep, 2014

1. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Harvey added a new Honda to the garage:

Harvey's 6th Generation Accord 2 litre SE

Check the vehicle's full information here.

Ichiban likes this.
  2. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Today and sadly there are not pictures, I did an oil and filter change on my beloved Accord. Thanks in part to HH for supplying the geniune oil filter and crush washer along with other shiney things.

I've always done my own oil changes as I find doing mechanical work somewhat theraputic and this was no exception, though I do get to use my new favourite tool and thats my oil drain pan, soooooo wish I had one of these a long time ago, instead of using a gallon washer fluid bottle with the side cut out of it. Only 1 drop of oil was spilled, which must be a world record for me.

The other shiney things to arrive from HH though was some brand new wiper blades for both my car and my dads late '12 CR-V and my new Type-R grill, minus the badge, cus it aint a Type-R.

Its now fitted as I couldn't wait for the new bolts to arrive, so its on, fitted and held in by the two that I didnt snap the heads off.

On the down side though, looks like I am gonna have to get some more welding done as the rear backing point is all bent up along with the cill, and it looks like there might also be a rust hole in it as well. but shouldnt be too bad getting it plated/repaired.

20150604_201731. 20150604_201757.

Last edited by a moderator: Friday 5th Jun, 2015
    DeviateDefiant and Ichiban like this.
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Having the right tools for the jobs is a Godsend.

Grill looks good !

Rust doesn't sound too bad, should be easily repairable.

Last edited: Friday 5th Jun, 2015
  4. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Aye, @SpeedyGee , it's great having the right tools, even then though things don't always go to plan. The heads snapped off due to rusted fasteners.

But oil changes are a piece of cake.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Moved and tidied up the posts from the other thread into your Project Log @Harvey

Harvey likes this.
  6. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers mate.