Facelift Model Has your local dealer got an Accord in the showroom?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by FirstHonda, Tuesday 30th Jul, 2013.

1. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Hi all,

As I was working in Chester last week, I popped in to the new Cheshire Oaks Honda to have a look. It certainly is an impressive new site, with plenty of space both in and around the showroom.

No Accords in the showroom though :Sobbing:, just Civic, CR-V, CR-Z, Jazz and Insight.

Having just taken my car into my local dealer (Aylesbury Honda), which is a much smaller showroom site, I was pleased to see an Accord (a lovely white EX) in pride of place right in the middle. There has ALWAYS been an Accord in the same position in the middle of the showroom while I have been going there (c 18 months) - which seems only right for the top model in the current Honda UK range.

So I was wondering - we talk a lot about the 8th Generation being ignored by Honda UK - how many dealers that we have visited recently do we think or know actually have an Accord in their showroom?

2. rotation Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My local dealer is Phoenix in Grangemouth, and they have an Accord over in the corner. Away from the door, but close to the desks.
    This morning though, I was at Phoenix in Glasgow, and they had two Accords sitting outside, but none in the showroom.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nothing new bud, Dealers have been instructed to push Swindon wagons FIRST at all costs. The have totally abandoned retail accord sales and dealers don't even buy new Accords for their demonstrators or staff cars either. Only a handful do order as staff cars just to make their quotas when they have sold their allocated Swindon wagons..

Its all about stats ,figures and bonus so that dealer in Glasgow must have sold his allocated car quotas to have two..

4. Superdave Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Holdcroft Stoke had one in last Thursday when I was there.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    They don't struggle in selling their quotas infact it the few dealers who has always had an Accord in the showroom. I never faced any resistance to when I order my 8th Generation from them, I was warned to wait and be patient.. but was thoroughly annoyed by Honda UK's repeated tactics to get the salesperson to covertly change me to a Swindon wagon.

He was just doing his job as per their instructions and I did HUK them to give them some home truths about swindon wagons. :Thumbup:

Boy did I relish the slating.

6. earthsciencer1 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Bob Wetherby
    I have a part-time job collecting used cars bought by employers, a Honda dealer here in Yorkshire and I have brought back quite a number of used Accords, (almost all 8th Generation and all EX models). These, and Civic Type-Rs, seem to fly out very quickly.

They have had a couple of new Accords but these seem to be much slower selling and they seem to have ended up pre-registering them.

7. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston
    Norton Way Honda in Letchworth, Herts has a new Type-S Accord in showroom two weeks ago but not there a week later so may have been sold.

8. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I was at Newcastle Honda the other day to get my brake pad wear checked. This set has done 25,000 miles and 50% left on front, 60% on rear but back to the topic.

There were four Accords outside in various locations around the site - TWO! outside the main entrance! :Happy:

Right in the middle of the showroom was a black ES I-DTEC Auto with bigger alloys on (Delta I think)

I was taken aback as there were some Accord brochures lying around! Not many but more than in recent times.

While I was waiting for my car I had a good look at the showroom car.

To my amazement the sales lady came over and asked if she could help me. I nearly said "You do realise this is an Accord you're trying to sell, what would the Swindon Gestapo say?" :lol: Thought I better not though they've had enough of my pro-Accord views for the moment!

The awakening of the importance of the Accord may well be dawning within Honda UK! :Hooray:

I'm ready to order my 4th Accord but waiting to see the timings of the 9th Generation. The only thing stopping me getting another 8th Generation is I'd hate to take delivery and then see a 9th Generation in the showroom straight after. Think you'd still pay top dollar for 8th Generation as they don't seem to be offering any deals yet.

Can't wait to get another Accord. Yes I'd really miss my 8th Generation but I live on Eurobox Strasse and it's nice to be one of the few with a bit of automotive imagination. :lol: They don't seem to realise there are other cars apart from VAG and BMW you know! :Rolf: Hope we get loads of snow this winter so I can just drive straight down the street!

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  10. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thought you'd like that one CJ. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

They also had a 57 plate Legend outside for £9,999. That's the second one I've seen recently. Didn't have a look at it as I know what would've happened...I'd have bought it! :vtec:

Last edited: Tuesday 30th Jul, 2013
  11. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

It appears from some of the above that there may be some small pockets of pro-Accord resistance still fighting the good fight...

...and I've now got an image in my mind of two figures standing in the shadows outside a Honda dealership, whispering code words to one another...:Blink:

"The Autumn leaf has fallen from the tree."

"Indeed, and the badger is in the wood."

After which, a CR-V is hastily driven away, and replaced by an Accord. Viva la revolution!

:lol:

John Dickson, Ichiban and Rakoribs like this.
  12. Rakoribs Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have visited Western Honda in Edinburgh (Fort Kinnaird) a few times recently sorting out the new cars clutch/DMF/etc - they had x2 new Accords sitting outside.
    About 6 squillion Jazz/Civic/CR-V though...
    Cheers, Mark.

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Good on the Scottish dealers giving the birdy :GoodJob:to the Swindon gestapos

14. rotation Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

After you've posted that, I was in Phoenix Whiteinch today, and one of the Accords has been moved...

15. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Maybe it has been taken to Swindon for interrogation?! Sure it will only tell them it's model designation, chassis number and engine number...

16. Rakoribs Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

One of the best posts i've ever seen :Thumbup:

17. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I was in Harratts in Wakefield recently and they had two on the forecourt I was just browsing and as I was looking this sales guy came over to me and asked if he could help and would I like to look inside the car ( didn't have a spare 19k or I may have done)Lol
    I get around to various places during the night through my work and always look out for Honda Dealers just to see what they have on the forecourt and unfortunately I don't see many Accords???

18. srgibbs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I took my Accord into my local Honda dealership, Crown Honda Bushey for minor warranty work and they have a new Accord in their showroom.
    A member of the sales team stated that he didn't expect to see a 9th generation Accord in the UK, however, Honda have said that they will supply the 8th generation Accord into 2015!

19. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    2015!:Blink:. On Honda's Japanese website there is an announcement to suggest production of the 8th Generation Accord will stop in 2013 December? So where are these Accord going to be manufactured then.. Thailand? :Search: