Off-Topic Hate M6 motorway

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by AccordCU2, Wednesday 21st Nov, 2012.

1. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Got up nice and early to go to HH to have my new sunroof fitted.
    On M5 lorry overturned so all the traffic diverted to M6.
    Passed that and further up Bus on fire just before Stoke exit.( hope nobody hurt in accidents)
    Been sitting more in traffic then driving.
    Not looking forward driving back.
    Rant over,sitting in HH showroom now drinking nice hot coffee.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Ah yes the M6 car park .. I remember those days well .. use to use it on weekly basis back in the late 90's. I can only imagine its much worse these days.

Enjoy your coffee and hope HH sort out your sunroof and look into to the gearbox whine.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I hate the M6 not as much as the M62 I despise that piece of Tarmac. Going to Stoke from Leeds I have to use both of the motorways.. At least you got there have they started work on your car ?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Get Adrian look at your gearbox whine go up the flyover around HH as that is ideal mixture of 40 and 30 mph zone and gradients.

5. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes mate,they doing it now.
    Adrian took it out for a test drive to compare mine and your car for that whine.

6. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mo Cheshire
    Hi Zoran,

Were you at Holdcroft this morning? I was there too! Came in around 10 ish....

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    he was mate,shame if he didn't meet you.

8. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Had so many emails to get through this morning I sat in HH doing this. Think there was somebody there who could have been Zoran but I failed to engage in any conversation :Blushing:

Apologies if that was you I sat next to Zoran!!!!

9. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That was yours 57 reg Legend then,what a car.
    Yes that was me and we sat next to each other,you
    looked busy on your laptop.

10. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yep, grey 57 reg legend was mine.

Sorry to hear about the traffic. I only came from Manchester but heard about the heavy traffic on M6. Honda Satnav directed me through Stoke and took me a while to get to HH.

Shame we did not get a chance to talk despite being right next to each other!

One thing I can say is that the radar cruise is amazing! All the way to and back from HH set cruise to 72 and then let the car do the rest. It is the most amazing invention ever (even better than sliced bread dare I say!). Makes driving so easy and relaxing.

11. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice one
    Not to worry,we will see each other again I am sure at HH.
    Now I am really jealous and sound like a broken record but I want a Legend now.
    Damn will have to be good to missus in the future and nag her to buy one LOL.

12. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

The secret if you want the other half to let you buy a Legend is this....

You plant a seed in her mind...gently and subtly first of all drop a hint of the Legend. Whether in normal conversation of whispering it into her ear at night whilst she is asleep!!!

Then everyday for 4 years you keep mentioning a Legend to her, non stop....at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Ring her from work and talk about it. Talk about it on holiday. Wake her up in the middle of the night and mention it.

Eventually she will become so fed up that she will want you to buy it just so that you will shut up.....

Job done! It was 4 years in the planning but worth every second!

Buy it mate. Honest you will not regret it. Everytime I get in I cannot help but smile :Smile:

AccordCU2 likes this.
  13. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

LOL
    Funy enough I just been doing that,telling her ho big and comfortable Legend is.
    Just what we need for our annual trip to Croatia and Poland.
    seed planted LOL.

14. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You think the M6 is bad try the M25 every day of the week even weekends.:eek:

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    M25 is a glorified car park, been stuck going to Gatwick a few time but made it in time for the flights.

16. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Have u tried driving around London. It takes ages to anywhere ! Couldn't live there myself.

17. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I live 9 miles from the centre, and worked as a central London service technician for nearly 5 years. That 9 miles took me an hour each way in and out every day.

18. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

London is the worst.currently standing still on A40,not moving anywhere.
    - - - Updated - - -
    View attachment 5720
    Hate it when I have to work in London

19. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The 9 miles into London I used to do was the A40. Lovely road, it was gridlocked at Park Royal yesterday and Saturday.

20. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Forgot to say A40 would be bad today as M1 closed between 5 and 1. Two BMWs crashed at 2.30am killing two people.