General Have I made the right decision?

Discussion in '1st Generation (2000-2003)' started by Big H, Tuesday 1st Sep, 2015.

1. Big H Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Poole
    So I'm sitting here waiting for my appointed pick-up time for my brand spanking new CR-V EX 1.6 and I'm still thinking, 'have I made the right decision?'
    Not so much in buying the CR-V, but in trading in my wonderful S2000.
    13 years old. Never pranged. Never broken down. Never even had a puncture.
    Sure, the driver's seat is looking a little polished and its sill-side bolster squab is looking a bit flattened due to me dropping my rapidly expanding lardy arse into it and of course there's a few stone chips here and there, but overall the car's in damn good condition for its 64k miles and I can't think of a more fantastic sound that that glorious engine singing out as it hits its 9000rpm redline. Can't see that happening with the CR-V's 4500rpm limit.
    The S2000 never fails to turn heads as it glides through the town traffic and I'll so miss those passing comments from young and old alike on what a beautiful car it is. I'm sure the Indy Yellow paintwork has had as much to do with that as anything else. Such a fabulous colour and IMO the best the car was ever available in. I've even experienced someone chasing me through heavy traffic in Antwerp, just to make me an offer to buy it. Truly a timeless dream machine.
    Truth be told, I think its more my own age than the car's that has swayed my decision to part with it, so at the end of the day, I can only hope its new owner has a degree of passion for the marque and more than a sprinkling of understanding on those odd occasions it decides to step out of line as is its want on wet and slippery roads; certainly something that been improved with the fitting of Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance tyres when the historic Bridgestone Potenzas were withdrawn.
    So in closing, please don't tell me I've made a mistake. It's hard enough to live with that thought as it is.
    Time for a new chapter.
    Goodbye old friend.

i-DSI likes this.
  2. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    The CR-V is a great car, I still miss driving mine but at least I still have it (3rd Generation).

I don't believe the S2000 is a car that any old person looks for and I'm sure it will be in the hands of an enthusiast in no time.

3. Alano Premium Member Club Supporter

I had the same feelings when i went from my MX5 to the CR-V and i must admit there have been times when i've missed hooning round in it especially on the few sunny days we've had this year when it would have been great to drop the top and gone for a run out on some nice twisty roads. But having said that the CR-V gives me as much pleasure but in a different way.. Now i'm getting on its great to drive round in comfort yet still feeling exhilarated by the driving experience. I look forward to driving it everyday as much as i did with the MX5 which is not a feeling i had with the BMW i had briefly in between. Hope you enjoy yours as much as i'm enjoying mine

FirstHonda likes this.
  4. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    A few of the best bits I loved and miss about my CR-V (3rd Generation not 4th, yours should be even better):

- High seating position and great seats (althoug not quite as comfy as my 7th Generation Accord)
    - Confidence that I can get out of most situations (snow, ICE, mud, moderate flooding, rough tracks to Munros etc)
    - Takes the bumps on our crappy roads with ease, I really did take the smooth ride for granted!
    - Huge load capacity, great for family holidays in the UK and also accomodating the dog
    - Very good road manners and handling for an SUV
    - Brilliant stereo system, loved the tweeters up on the dash for clarity

It forced a completely different style of driving to my MPS, more relaxed and pleasurable in a different way.

Last edited: Tuesday 1st Sep, 2015
    FirstHonda likes this.
  5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

The new CR-V is a great car IMHO.

I'd reinforce the points made above - it will be very different from your S2000 - it is a car to cruise in and be comfortable.

:congratulations: Looking forward to seeing the first pictures of the new arrival :hondababy:

6. Alano Premium Member Club Supporter

Have you got it? If so where are the pictures :hurryup:. Can't wait to see it

7. Big H Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Poole
    Cheers Guys.
    Pics posted.