Electrical & Lights Having some problems with the front bulbs on a 2000' CG8 Accord

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by CG8 Accord, Friday 4th Oct, 2013.

1. CG8 Accord New Member Getting Started

Hi guys, I'm stumped and its a really small, silly thing thats got me.

The front bulb on the drivers side for the low beams has gone, however when I replace it, it doesn't work. Now onto the strange thing, on the passenger's side, it doesn't work either! However, on the passenger's side theres a bulb on the right of the light which comes on when the low beams are put on but I can't see anyway to get to this bulb without removing the entire front headlight.

The bulbs are the correct fitment and everything, but I was given this car only recently from my dad who had always assumed that little bulb on the passenger's side was the low beam however I don't think this is the case. On full beams, the full beam lights come on.

If anyone can shed any light (forgive the pun) on this, I'd be very greatful.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Not sure about on the 6th Generation Accord but on some cars, you can get to the side light by taking a couple of clips off the wind liner and getting to the headlight that way.

Sorry, I can't remember which bulbs are where on the 6th Generation.

3. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Aberfoyle
    Hi, there are three bulbs and I know folk all name them somewhat differently.

From the outside of the lamp working inward i.e. from the indicator you have what I call headlight, then a small sidelight and finally fullbeam.

The sidelight and fullbeam are housed in the same reflector whereas the headlight is out on its own.

Is your issue with the sidelight/fullbeam bulbs?